Short notice!! Earth Day Clean Up VA4WDA (Bald mountain trail)

• HTML tutorial

Ruckup08

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

King George Virginia
Member #

I'm going. I have already thrown in on the headcount on Facebook. link below for more info on camping etc. They have already secured camping at Sherando Lake and I'll be camping Friday and Saturday nights

Reactions: Hafaday

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

I'm going. I have already thrown in on the headcount on Facebook. link below for more info on camping etc. They have already secured camping at Sherando Lake and I'll be camping Friday and Saturday nights

Right on! I didn’t think of the FB page. I just did the same.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Last minuet posting!

I know I'm doing this wrong, but here it is in a link from another site I'm on. Info in the thread. Email the Pres. if going for a head count on food.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f74/earth-day-clean-up-va4wda-bald-mountain-trail-2274514.html
Hey @Hafaday -

Feel free to post this under the new Local Trail Cleanup - Trail Guardian sub forum here on OLB, too. It's not too short of a notice.

It will get some exposure it's not getting in here in the regional section. It will also show the larger membership that you guys in VA are getting out and cleaning trails, which is awesome!

Add that it is on Sunday, Apr 22, as some folks may not be aware this Sunday IS Earth Day!

Road

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

Hey @Hafaday -

Feel free to post this under the new Local Trail Cleanup - Trail Guardian sub forum here on OLB, too. It's not too short of a notice.

It will get some exposure it's not getting in here in the regional section. It will also show the larger membership that you guys in VA are getting out and cleaning trails, which is awesome!

Add that it is on Sunday, Apr 22, as some folks may not be aware this Sunday IS Earth Day!

Road

Road,

Thanks for the link here. I will try to check it out tomorrow and see what all is involved with posting in there. That said... I will try to do better next time for all to see.

This event is being hosted by Virginia Four Wheel Drive Association. Open to all volunteers (members or not). VA4WDA Facebook page with info.

Either way, it’s a good thing to do. We all need to give back to keep these trails/Forest roads open. Every little bit helps.

~Bill

Reactions: Road

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Road,

Thanks for the link here. I will try to check it out tomorrow and see what all is involved with posting in there. That said... I will try to do better next time for all to see.

This event is being hosted by Virginia Four Wheel Drive Association. Open to all volunteers (members or not). VA4WDA Facebook page with info.

Either way, it’s a good thing to do. We all need to give back to keep these trails/Forest roads open. Every little bit helps.

~Bill
It's the same as posting here, just the info you want to give out, but I'd be sure to remind folks it's Earth Day, this Sunday.

If you go and other OB people go with you because of your post here, snap a cell phone pic or two showing before and after. If you post it on instagram and follow the simple guidelines below, @Michael and @Corrie will send you a Trail Guardian Challenge coin for free:

Overland Bound Trail Guardian Program

To help spread the word and encourage these principles, Overland Bound is introducing the Trail Guardian program. To get a free Guardian challenge coin*:
  1. Organize a cleanup day. If you are an Overland Bound member, we encourage you to use Rally Point to share the event with others.
  2. Take a “before” and “after photo”, including the trash that was removed, and post it to Instagram to show what you did!
  3. Tag @overlandbound in the photo and hashtag #trailguardian with a simple message about conservation.
We will send you a Guardian challenge coin absolutely free.

Leave it better than you found it.
You can find out more about that, the challenge coin, and how keeping trails clean fits into our Core Principles as Overland Bound members, on the Trail Guardian - Leave It Better Than You Found It page.

Good on you guys and VFWDA for getting out there and doing something to effect positive change!

Road

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Road,

~Bill
Hey Bill,

I am going to create a Trail Guardian Cleanup Rally Point for this to let members in the area know its happening.

Cheers!

M

Reactions: Road and Hafaday

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

This was an Awesome event!

There were 60 people out on the trail to clean up (a couple different 4x groups and even some from a local College) That’s a pretty good all volunteer street cred for the Forestry dept. also at 8 hours per person. and I forgot at what $ amount per hour they had said.

I did not get any pix of the trash. But was told a dumpster full, along with tires and body parts from vehicles. A few guys and gals have a new found disrespect for Bud light, beanee weenees and Vienna sausages.. Haha

lunch break on the trail.

Even a couple full size to get the big stuff.

Sent from space. OB Talk

Ruckup08

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

King George Virginia
Member #

It was a good day wheelin with a purpose. Instant friends all working together. Group broke into three teams. below is just one of them heading to the trail headIMG_0061.jpg
an old mattress box spring
IMG_0063.JPG
and one of the dumpsters we were using
IMG_0067.JPG
I've seen worse oil pans than that but whatever. VA4wda's organization of the event is to be commended