Shiftpod? shiftpod mini? none at all? any owners out there?

• HTML tutorial

BrokeDown

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

I spoke to shiftpod a few months ago about their new SHIFTPODIII-XL. They told me that all new versions will have arms that are extendable so that it packs down to be shorter. I seem to remember 25% shorter.
-B

beachdude93

Rank 0

Traveler I

PA, USA
First Name
jake
Last Name
zimmerman
I spoke to shiftpod a few months ago about their new SHIFTPODIII-XL. They told me that all new versions will have arms that are extendable so that it packs down to be shorter. I seem to remember 25% shorter.
-B
that sounds great but wouldnt that make the product weaker in the wind and likely slower to set up?

Things

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Prescott Arizona
First Name
jeff
Last Name
mcallister
Member #

I went with a shiftpod mini for my dog and I. Better in wind and I can move it around out of the wind. About 60 inches or so in the bag, Like the ability to unzip the floor. It was on sale at about $400 and does great in the rain. Weighs about 65 pds maybe and rides on my roof rack. Good quick easy setup and breakdown.

beachdude93

Rank 0

Traveler I

PA, USA
First Name
jake
Last Name
zimmerman
Knowing them... I doubt it. I believe they do a lot of testing before making that kind of change. If my memory is right, that product should be out any day now.
Really? I sent them an email and they didn’t say anything about a “folding” tent that stores smaller but they confirmed the shiftpod 3

beachdude93

Rank 0

Traveler I

PA, USA
First Name
jake
Last Name
zimmerman
still debating on the shiftpod. Its a big tent and im worried finding a spot to put it down on the trail will be harder than just doing a rooftop tent