Shawka to Dibba 7th March

• HTML tutorial

Paul_FJxtreme

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Dar es Salaam
Member #

Anyone interested to join a small convoy travelling from Shawka to Dibba this Friday morning (7th April)

This is predominant graded track and some wadi driving, either camping in the mountains or on Al Aqah beach. Returning to Dubai Saturday.

Whatsapp me on 0566 82 7o90 (Paul) and I will add you to the group.

Last edited:

dsapsfo1

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi Paul - need to get with the times buddy amd not live in the past - we're in April now ;)

As per FB, unfortunately we can't make this weekend, but have a great trip and hope to be able to make another one soon.. .

Reactions: Paul_FJxtreme

dsapsfo1

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi Paul - did you make the trip this weekend? How are the tracks after all the recent rain?

We've got some friends over from the UK and so are planning to take them out into the mountains / wadis this weekend, so may do the Shawka route again, having done some of the other wadis last weekend.

Paul_FJxtreme

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Dar es Salaam
Member #

Hi Paul - did you make the trip this weekend? How are the tracks after all the recent rain?

We've got some friends over from the UK and so are planning to take them out into the mountains / wadis this weekend, so may do the Shawka route again, having done some of the other wadis last weekend.
Hi dsapfo1(??) the track was solid everywhere and the drive was dramaless. There wasn't any water in any of the wadi's and there were no tracks that had washed away. It was as straightforward as it could be and a pleasant relaxing drive. We combined Wadi Shawka and Wadi Sana together which was nice and finished around 3.30 after leaving Shawka dam around 10.15 with a good stop for lunch.

Enjoy the track.

dsapsfo1

Rank 0

Traveler I

Good to hear - last time we did it was November last year. We started at Wadi Shawka, through to Sifuni, then north towards Al Manamah, then broadly north-east towards the coast, ending up at Al Aqah Beach. Some of the higher tracks on the top towards the end of the trip were damaged then and I suspect that we also dropped off the track and into the wadi bed at some point, as we had to carefully pick our way through!

Dan

dsapsfo1

Rank 0

Traveler I

Exactly the same route, other than us starting from AD - did you get the gpx from Shaun?

We camped up on the top, under a pylon. Some of the tracks we had to pick through, as I said, but you've got a fair bit more clearance in your FJ than mine. If you do the run again, then Heart Beach is worth a look, just down the coast from Aqah.

tn_IMG_7493.JPG