Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Buchberg, Schweiz
First Name
Pascal
Last Name
Staub
Member #

Hi i would like to share a story whitch happend during my very first offroad trip.

We met up for a offroad weekend in germany, the first day was for me a complete different expirience in the aspect how the car behaves. Until this weekend i drove my car just on the steets (i`ve got my driving licence just 2 months befor). On the second day things changed, it was rainy and the track has become very slippery but that didnt scared me, i went on with the same ambition as i started the weekend, i wanted to show that my little 4x4 could hold on with the other (Defender, Hilux, etc). That thinking was my first mistake. The second mistake was that i thougt the slope couldn`t be that difficult to handle, so i went on, slipped and hit a rock that hard that i destroyed my front left tyre, rim and my suspension. Jap so there was i with a broken car. Luckaly my friend towed me somehow out so that i could call an assistance to bring me and my car back home.

So that was my Story. What have you experienced?

Reactions: Big G and Robbie G

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

The first week of owning my 2016 wrangler, I drove 8 hours to sedona, az.

Followed the pink jeeps around til I found a nice trail, broken arrow. Easy trail, but I took the wrong line and bent my muffler and made a hole in the bend.

A year ago, I went back with my GF and took the same trail and was coming down the staircase, it was snowy and icy, and my jeep slid down barely missing these sharp boulders.
I could of easily bent the axle, break driveshafts, or other damage.

Reactions: Steppenwolf_97

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi i would like to share a story whitch happend during my very first offroad trip.

We met up for a offroad weekend in germany, the first day was for me a complete different expirience in the aspect how the car behaves. Until this weekend i drove my car just on the steets (i`ve got my driving licence just 2 months befor). On the second day things changed, it was rainy and the track has become very slippery but that didnt scared me, i went on with the same ambition as i started the weekend, i wanted to show that my little 4x4 could hold on with the other (Defender, Hilux, etc). That thinking was my first mistake. The second mistake was that i thougt the slope couldn`t be that difficult to handle, so i went on, slipped and hit a rock that hard that i destroyed my front left tyre, rim and my suspension. Jap so there was i with a broken car. Luckaly my friend towed me somehow out so that i could call an assistance to bring me and my car back home.

So that was my Story. What have you experienced?
Ouch! Experience is a great schoolmaster.

Reactions: Steppenwolf_97

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Volunteer as a Trail leader (guide) for off road events. OMG, have I seen things. For me, sinking in the sand, to the frame, by my self with no tools other than a small bucket and the factory tire jack. Took 6 hours to extract myself. Oh did I mention no one knew where I was and I was in a very remote area?
Swapping out broken axles in the dirt. Had a jeep on the end of my winch cable slide sideways off a cliff. He was "trying to help" me winch him and hit the gas. Hopped sideways right off the road.
Saw a vehicle tumble end over end, forward down a very steep "downhill" part of a trail. That was a mess. Not sure how he came away with only a concussion.
Then there is high speed desert racing....

Steppenwolf_97

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Buchberg, Schweiz
First Name
Pascal
Last Name
Staub
Member #

Volunteer as a Trail leader (guide) for off road events. OMG, have I seen things. For me, sinking in the sand, to the frame, by my self with no tools other than a small bucket and the factory tire jack. Took 6 hours to extract myself. Oh did I mention no one knew where I was and I was in a very remote area?
Swapping out broken axles in the dirt. Had a jeep on the end of my winch cable slide sideways off a cliff. He was "trying to help" me winch him and hit the gas. Hopped sideways right off the road.
Saw a vehicle tumble end over end, forward down a very steep "downhill" part of a trail. That was a mess. Not sure how he came away with only a concussion.
Then there is high speed desert racing....
Holy cow... You've been trough many messy situation. I hope everone was fine