Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
So on my break today at work I was just surfing the web checking out LCs and LXs and came across a dealer in Houston that has a couple of nicely equipped LX450s for what I feel are fairly reasonable. http://www.roadstersautos.com/ Then I start looking at other vehicles they carry, they all appear to be equipped with the same roof racks, lights, bumpers, winches, etc. I would assume knock offs of the real brands. Then I start seeing a few "yellow flags" a little haze in the instrument cluster or radio deck face, discolored moldings, a lot have new plugs and wires, etc. then on a LC the big red flag hit me, the wood trim around the shift knob is warped like its been submerged for who knows how long. and then I notice that for 20+ year old vehicles they all have new leather (pleather) seats in the same color, or the vehicles that are painted are painted over badges and all. It would seem to me that they are dressing up duds for a quick profit. What's sad is that there are untold number of flood vehicles that could be out there that didn't get reported because of insufficient insurance. GAHHH this perplexes me and makes me a little sad. I feel for the poor SOBs that actually buy the land rovers I cant imagine the electrical nightmares they will experience if these vehicles are indeed what I presume that they are. Anyone in Houston willing to go check on some of these see if they are legit or not?

sailor96

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fairfax VA
Member #

So on my break today at work I was just surfing the web checking out LCs and LXs and came across a dealer in Houston that has a couple of nicely equipped LX450s for what I feel are fairly reasonable. http://www.roadstersautos.com/ Then I start looking at other vehicles they carry, they all appear to be equipped with the same roof racks, lights, bumpers, winches, etc. I would assume knock offs of the real brands. Then I start seeing a few "yellow flags" a little haze in the instrument cluster or radio deck face, discolored moldings, a lot have new plugs and wires, etc. then on a LC the big red flag hit me, the wood trim around the shift knob is warped like its been submerged for who knows how long. and then I notice that for 20+ year old vehicles they all have new leather (pleather) seats in the same color, or the vehicles that are painted are painted over badges and all. It would seem to me that they are dressing up duds for a quick profit. What's sad is that there are untold number of flood vehicles that could be out there that didn't get reported because of insufficient insurance. GAHHH this perplexes me and makes me a little sad. I feel for the poor SOBs that actually buy the land rovers I cant imagine the electrical nightmares they will experience if these vehicles are indeed what I presume that they are. Anyone in Houston willing to go check on some of these see if they are legit or not?
Yep seen that website..
Run...
Fast

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using OB Talk mobile app

Vin

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Houston, Texas
Member #

Bouncer,

I'm in Houston, but I think I'm with Traveller II... estimates of the number of cars flooded by Harvey range from 300K to 500K, so there is no shortage of potential problem cars out there. Both their website and Google street view would cause me to pass.