Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

@Steve I'm not so sure... they did it at stock height. As long as the wash-outs aren't too bad it sounds doable. But you're going to get a LR anyhow, right? ;)

Reactions: SLO Rob

PJ Overlander

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Lewisburg, WV, USA
First Name
Paulino
Last Name
Gutierrez
Member #

So, this one is going one the 2016 list: Shadow of the Rockies Trail

My research has just begun but I'll post more information as I start hammering out the details. If anyone is interested in this trail, or sections of it, feel free to chime in. Maybe we can put together an unofficial Overland Bound trip in the late spring or early summer time-frame to make this happen.

H
ere's a good write-up:
http://expeditionportal.com/trans-american-trail-shadow-of-the-rockies/
If you go early summer pm me and I'll join the convoy.

Reactions: Lifestyle Overland

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

T-minus 30 days until we set out on our biggest adventure yet! We have been mapping and prepping the past few months in anticipation of this expedition.
We originally planned on running the Shadow of the Rockies trail but after some further research we have instead only utilized it as a guideline and made a more overland focused route to avoid some of the less interesting parts of New Mexico and Colorado by redirecting our attention to the more mountainous regions.
Our goal is to map this route in great detail with POIs, fuel stations, local cuisine stops, and camping areas to be released as a map set in the future. We have even come up with a new name for this trail and have a logo for patches, stickers, etc. in the works! Our goal is to encompass some of the most beautiful areas in New Mexico and Colorado within a loop of trails, byways, and highways that can be approached from any point of the compass for future adventurers.

Needless to say... we are just a bit STOKED! :smiley: Updates to be posted here, on our blog, and instagram account.

Reactions: Steve