Sequoia build

• HTML tutorial

DRLExpress

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Estacada OR
Member #

In your first set of pictures you show a swing out spare tire carrier being built. What did you use for the pivot? It looks like a trailer axle spindle but what is the hub/sleeve that holds the bearing races? Sources?

Thanks
Doug

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

Reno..I built everything from scratch..I first scanned the car and then started designing parts..I have king build my shocks from my specs..but tundra parts do work though a lighter truck..as for rear lift land cruiser coils no spacers needed..as for everything else..well I was on my own..but that's why I bought my tree. But I designed and had everything waterjet or laser cut and bent..so I have the ability to reproduce come the demand is sufficient..thanks for following..I'm currently cutting the undercarriages skid plate system and new rear links. So stay tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Scanned the car? How did you accomplish that? Being Neighbors and all.. I'd love to know how/where to get stuff scanned around here. Also, where are you getting your material laser cut? I've used "Cutters" up in Bellingham for this in the past.

-jim lee

StuntmanMike

Rank IV

Advocate II

Newport RI
Damn, what a great build! That's some great fab skills you have there. I realllllly want to learn to fab, I gotta get going on that.

I found this build while look up Sequoia stuff, I really want a 100 series, but I'm not optimistic on finding one anytime soon. I figured the Sequoia might be a good substitute. Been doing some research and I've found the (at least 05-up) 4.7 has more power than I thought it had. (I'm really a GM LS guy)