• HTML tutorial

Vik

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Victoria Australia
Member #

Hi to all members
I have just finished building an off road camper trailer/base camp set up. It was designed to be dragged along with my custom Nissan Patrol. I live in south eastern Australia and we have some brilliant coastal national and state parks locally, this trailer was built to create a base camp to take day trips from. The first stage had one Howling Moon roof top tent and a shorter chassis, but with more kids arriving we needed space and a proper kitchen.
We built a new through chassis from gal steel (next time I would use lighter material at this stage :) and upgraded to 2t axle, electric brakes the draw bar was lengthened. I added a new Hannibal 2ooo mm wide family roof top tent as well (I have found that the South African roof top tents are of the highest build quality), we raised and extended the rack to accommodate the two tents and the annexes. Roof top tents work well in Australia no snakes/spiders in your sleeping bag or Crocs using your toes as a tooth pick :)
The Kitchen has a pull out bench, stove and the Engel fridge is on a slide in the gullwing aluminium box, over the top is an Oz tent foxwing awning and a Howling Moon awning. There is a 100 litre water tank underneath over the axle with an electric pump, spout and sink in the trailer. The trailer has three Led light bars on the out side and two in the roof top tents, all of which run off two 110 amp hour deep cycle batteries (these stay on a trickle charger all year round).
This turned out to be a big trailer which works for the kind of touring we are doing with a family at the moment, next build will be a smaller off road trailer IMG_5377.jpg
IMG_4315.jpg Princetown.jpg IMG_6251.jpg IMG_5017.jpg Princetown 7.jpg

Gunnermoose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Mesa, Arizona
Member #

Is the box you have the refrigerator in air tight/sealed? How does it run temperature wise while the box is closed? Nice trailer!