Seems like the wrong name for this subforum.

• HTML tutorial

keith.gowan

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Gowan
Member #

I just moved from San Diego, CA to Omaha, NE.

Came to this sub to see who my regional director was.

Perhaps I was expecting to find post from such directors (welcoming us wandering souls, and indicating their region). But it is more a question board for folk like myself.

Anyway, I'm curious to know if there is anyone with knowledge of any OB community relating to Omaha, NE or surrounding area. I see that Nebraska is considered the Rocky Mountain region. But that covers a lot more interestring terrain than Eastern Nebraska.

If nothing exists, I'd love to start a group as there appear to be a plethora of members according to the map. I have no problem putting in the leg-work to get something going. However, if something exists, I fully want to join in their fun and assist with whatever is needed.

Thanks.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Keith,

You can look in the OP Map for members in your area with whom you could connect and head out on the trails, organize a meetup and so on. Or maybe there is a Meetup or a ride in your area alread planned? You can find them in the Rally Points, there you can filter by region.

Regarding the regional director or member representative you can contact, @Kent R will be happy to help you and name the right contact person.

Greetings from across the pond,
Bjoern

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I just moved from San Diego, CA to Omaha, NE.

Came to this sub to see who my regional director was.

Perhaps I was expecting to find post from such directors (welcoming us wandering souls, and indicating their region). But it is more a question board for folk like myself.

Anyway, I'm curious to know if there is anyone with knowledge of any OB community relating to Omaha, NE or surrounding area. I see that Nebraska is considered the Rocky Mountain region. But that covers a lot more interestring terrain than Eastern Nebraska.

If nothing exists, I'd love to start a group as there appear to be a plethora of members according to the map. I have no problem putting in the leg-work to get something going. However, if something exists, I fully want to join in their fun and assist with whatever is needed.

Thanks.
Hi Keith, I am sure we have talked when you were in the west. As for a greeting in the RM or even the Mid West region the best thing you can do is use the member map to message those members around you and set up a meet-up or trip. Or better yet find a location, time, & date and set up a Rally Point. If you set one up I can boost out the invite for you.
Contacts
Rocky Mountain Director Neal A. Tew
Mid West Director @Mike W in Iowa
Nebraska Member Rep @freedomomlet
Iowa Member Rep @Joe Hunt

Contact me anytime if you have any questions @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
@El-Dracho

Reactions: El-Dracho

keith.gowan

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Gowan
Member #

Thank @El-Dracho - I did all of that prior to reaching out. I'm not exactly a newbie, and I understand how forums work. There are only 5 items (when filtered) as far as rally points goes. Those are all well over 6 hours away. Nothing specific to the greater area. Looked into this sub to see if there was a local resource, there doesn't seem to be a regional director and no real activity in that thread since 2021.

It does appear that I will either have to create an Omaha contingent for OB, or join something elsewhere.

It seems to me that @Kent R is the most overworked resource at OB. He has always been helpful.

keith.gowan

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Gowan
Member #

Hi Keith, I am sure we have talked when you were in the west. As for a greeting in the RM or even the Mid West region the best thing you can do is use the member map to message those members around you and set up a meet-up or trip. Or better yet find a location, time, & date and set up a Rally Point. If you set one up I can boost out the invite for you.
Contacts
Rocky Mountain Director Neal A. Tew
Mid West Director @Mike W in Iowa
Nebraska Member Rep @freedomomlet
Iowa Member Rep @Joe Hunt

Contact me anytime if you have any questions @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
@El-Dracho
Kent! Once again, you are the man with the answers! I'll reach out to the Iowa and Nebraska reps and likely setup an Omaha/Council Bluffs specific meet up. You are a machine, sir!!!

Reactions: zgfiredude

keith.gowan

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Gowan
Member #

Kent! Once again, you are the man with the answers! I'll reach out to the Iowa and Nebraska reps and likely setup an Omaha/Council Bluffs specific meet up. You are a machine, sir!!!
Also, you were very helpful when I tried to setup a recurring meetup in the St. Louis area. Which failed miserably (possibly due to me). Several folks committed, but nobody showed. I got to know a pretty cool staff at a local brewery and catch up on some college football - so it was not a bad day at all.

You are, and I say this sincerely, the MAN!!!

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
I've never understood why the Dakotas, Nebraska and Kansas are considered to be part of the Rocky Mountains :tonguewink: Those of us in the prairie region just don't fit in anywhere else.

Kansas has a fairly active, yet quiet, overland scene. Just as Nebraska has the Sand Hills, Kansas has the Flint Hills. These are great areas to explore and get lost in in awhile but we generally don't post rally points or share the trips. This does make it a challenge to a transplant to figure out where to go!

The one Rally Point I ever hosted here in Kansas had a lot of response with a few that showed up. It turned out be a good day with great folks.
1672156940793.png

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I've never understood why the Dakotas, Nebraska and Kansas are considered to be part of the Rocky Mountains :tonguewink: Those of us in the prairie region just don't fit in anywhere else.

Kansas has a fairly active, yet quiet, overland scene. Just as Nebraska has the Sand Hills, Kansas has the Flint Hills. These are great areas to explore and get lost in in awhile but we generally don't post rally points or share the trips. This does make it a challenge to a transplant to figure out where to go!

The one Rally Point I ever hosted here in Kansas had a lot of response with a few that showed up. It turned out be a good day with great folks.
View attachment 247361
When we started OB the question was how to define the regions, so Michael chose the US Fish And Wildlife zones that were already defined. Not perfect but it works.

Reach out to me anytime for help setting up meet-ups

keith.gowan

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Gowan
Member #

View attachment 247361
Yeah, we are an odd fit to place. Probably because the area is flat and grassy. But there still has to be some fun joints to hit around here. I will happily put in some effort.

Also, I had to google Junction City, KS. Lots of fields between here and there. :)

Reactions: KonzaLander