Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

I'm pretty excited to be planning a 20th Anniversary Trip for August 2019.

My wife and I, along with our pup, will be attending the Mid-Atlantic Overland Festival (MAOF) in Huntingdon, PA August 8-11. This will kick off our adventure as we will leave from there and head WEST! Nothing concrete yet, but I'm tentatively looking at heading up through OHIO to the upper peninsula of Michigan, through Wisconsin and Minnesota, North and South Dakota, Montana, and Idaho. I'm considering Coeur d'Alene as our pivot point to return, hitting Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, and Indiana on our way back home to Northern Virginia.

Looking for comments/suggestions of places to be sure to hit and others to avoid along the path.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Leslie Morrison

Rank II

Off-Road Ranger I

Minneapolis, MN, USA
First Name
Leslie
Last Name
Morrison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WKP210
There is a Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail. Also the UP has 6500 miles of trails. We do have a trail system northern Minnesota that I will send you coordinates. Do you use Gaia maps?

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
There are some great trails in Southern Idaho if you make it to the Boise area. I'm sure other people know some great trails up north as well.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

There is a Trans Wisconsin Adventure Trail. Also the UP has 6500 miles of trails. We do have a trail system northern Minnesota that I will send you coordinates. Do you use Gaia maps?
Thanks!

I don’t have Gaia yet.... waiting to see what the OB App looks like.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Here is my tentative list for National Parks:

1. Cuyahoga Valley National Park, Ohio
2. Isle Royale National Park, Michigan
3. Voyageurs National Park, Minnesota
4. Theodore Roosevelt National Park, North Dakota
5. Badlands National Park, South Dakota
6. Wind Cave National Park, South Dakota
7. Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming
8. Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
9. Glacier National Park, Montana

Steve in Roanoke VA

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Roanoke VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Janosko
Member #

Sounds like a FANTASTIC trip!! If you haven't already, get a National Parks Pass for the year, you will save a lot on entrance fees. Looking forward to seeing your route & camping spots. I am planning to do a west trip in the future (next 2 years?) that will include Yellowstone & Grand Tetons, Grand Canyon & parts of Arizona north. Have relatives in Cody Wyoming and in northern AZ, so lots of planning ahead! Great tie-in to MAOF.