Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bainbridge Island, WA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Stipe
Member #

I will be travelling down from the Seattle WA area to attend the OB Off Grid Rally and will be stopping along the way to do some Steelhead fishing on the Trinity River before I get there. I will be in the Weaverville, CA area and am looking for some fun trails/campsites to stay as I make my way down to Camp Edison. I have been viewing the Shasta-Trinity National Forest on the GAIA USFS MVUM layer and there look to be plenty of forest roads in the area. If anyone has some advice on where best to focus and maybe the location of dispersed campsite with a great view it would be greatly appreciated.

Jeep backroads

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Shingletown, CA, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
King
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7tdk
Try going to the end of steel bridge rd in Douglas city . You can camp right on the Trinity River and fish right there. It’s not very isolated so there will be other people coming and going. There is restrooms there but that’s it.

RS Overlander

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Stipe
Member #

Quality Spot - This original post is from a trip I did last October. I ended up camping at Steel Bridge campground 2 nights and was one of 2 in the campground. We launched our drift boat from just above there to go steelheading and ended up just staying after we completed our shuttle back up. Good call, I would stay there again.

Jeep backroads

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Shingletown, CA, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
King
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7tdk
I’m new here just joined . Now I know to check the dates. I used to live on that road and ran my drift boat there a lot. Glad you enjoyed your time there.

RS Overlander

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Stipe
Member #

Yep, its a beautiful area. Caught a couple nice half-pounders while I was there. I hope to go back soon. Welcome to OB, its a cool community. Enjoy.