Rank III

Member III

5250 North Oracle Road, Tucson, Arizona 85704, United States
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Hello I’m still a little new to off-roading with a trailer. I’ve taken it offroad some but not a lot. I’ve been all over without and ran some nasty trails. I’m on 35’s and lockers front and rear. We’re planning a trip to Sedona. Someone in my group has expressed concern with getting a trailer up broken arrow trail. We’ll be setting up a base camp after that trail. It’s a small military trailer and not heavy. So I’m looking for opinions from those more experienced with trailers.

Attachments

Last edited:

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
some of the trails were a little rough in my stock tundra and my tear-drop trailer would get destroyed in minutes, but that trailer you have sure looks like it could manage.
very nice rig!

Reactions: Chicknonachain

Chicknonachain

Rank III

Member III

5250 North Oracle Road, Tucson, Arizona 85704, United States
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Baker
Member #

some of the trails were a little rough in my stock tundra and my tear-drop trailer would get destroyed in minutes, but that trailer you have sure looks like it could manage.
very nice rig!
Thanks. Yeah it’s pretty tuff. It’s a Russian military trailer. Definitely overbuilt for as small as it is.

Reactions: grubworm

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

How heavy is your tent up there? I wouldn't be as worried about it if it were lower. Tip a little too far one way or the other off camber and the tent being that high could change the center of gravity significantly. I have a rooftop tent, too, and a fairly heavy rack, but it lowers for travel.

As for getting a trailer itself up a trail, if set up right it should track everywhere your vehicle does. Judging from what I can see in the image it doesn't look too far back or too close, so should track well going around corners, etc and be easy enough to back up. Then it's a matter of having enough power to pull it along up and over whatever you need to.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

All looks very durable but incredibly top heavy. Find a way to drop the RTT onto the trailer deck and yeah, I'd say good to go anywhere.

Things

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Prescott Arizona
First Name
jeff
Last Name
mcallister
Member #

There is a parking area at the start, I would leave it there. There is so much traffic depending on which day, much less with pink Jeeps etc. Also a lot of backing up and pulling over to let someone pass, not much room to do it in.
Plenty of videos to watch, Weekends and now even week days it seems busy.

Fun and beautiful trail, but it it tight... Sharp turns and low trees in places.

Reactions: Chicknonachain