Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Well, at the moment i can not (this one would be a 16/18 hours drive on the highway and the highway is pointless in my jeep, more about this problem here )

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Ok, we booked a campsite. It is in the town of Valkenburg. Very turistic, but has everything we need that weekend.
So, if you like to tag along, just tell me. And the fun part is, my booking can be extended as much as I like up to 7 Rigs and 20 people.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Well folks,

Let it put it this way. It was again a great weekend.
Even as we had a minor Brake challenge. We solved it and the Jeep is like new again.
So, we are now home again, but are also preparing for the next weekend away.

Some pictures of the weekend. And two little video's.
WP_20190222_22_14_43_Pro.jpg
Skai looking at the map, Boss, were do we have our spot?

WP_20190223_11_22_21_Pro.jpg
Michaela, a friend of ours with her new Rig, Mitsubishi Pajero short based. Very nice Rig. And as it is standard, very capable as well.
WP_20190223_18_40_46_Pro.jpg
Cosy camp Dragonriders travel
WP_20190223_14_54_04_Pro.jpg
The weather was amazing.

The Brake challenge
And we Always help

Reactions: 76_overlander

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Cool ! :)

As said my OB project was to sell the almighty-except-on-the-road Wrangler to buy a new rig. Well, i created the ad this friday and the jeep got sold on saturday morning... Buyer will get his new toy next week end and i am then naked... Going for the next step of this two steps process : finding the new car. Hope we can meet soon and i can buy the rig before your Bardenas trip :)

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

That's it... It hurts to sell a car you fall in love with each time you look at it but... The plan is the plan...

No Pajero, no... Looking for Toyota KDJ 120, Toyota HDJ 80, Toyota Hilux double cab, Isuzu Dmax, or eventually Nissan Patrol (which i like but also hate as here in France, Patrol enthusiasts are... Well... All members of trial 4x4 clubs, diving into any mud hole and doing their best to break their axles each time they drive, giving a bad reputation and a poor image of 4x4 owners).

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

So no Pajero, as that means something horrible in Spanish, and no patrol. Hilux and Dmax they would be my preference