Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Have any of you Toyota drivers used seat jackers? I was watching you tube videos and a clip popped up about these and I have a bad back and if I can do something to make my ride more comfortable I am going to do it.

p.s. they have them for other vehicles too, but I think they initially started them because the Tacoma is famous for the lack of comfort on long trips.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I would think you'd want the front raised to make the seat more like a bucket. My colorado lifts the rear like that electronicly and I think that position is the most uncomfortable. I like front up rear down with lumbar support fully extended.

But then again I'm 6'2" and my head would hit the roof on every bump in the setup your looking at.

If thats the position you want your seat in I'm sure it would work. I'd only slightly be worried about what would happen in a wreck depending on the hardware quality id hope they thought of that though
To save some money and find out if you like that go to lowes or homedept and grab a couple packs of washers and longer bolts in size you need and try it out.

Off-Road Ranger I

Platinum Lane, Coquitlam, BC, Canada
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Harford
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7BZZ
Raising the rear of the Taco seats is a common, due the silly angle that the seat is installed.

There are a few different products that will do it, but for us in The Great White North, options were limited. (Between the fees that the USPS charges to ship and the duties and taxes that Canada Customs tags on, it makes a reasonably priced product crazy expensive) I just bought a couple new bolts an inch longer than stock and then used washers for spacers, works fine. The plastic covers on the seat bolts now cover the new mod.

And maybe those unhappy ex-girlfriends were right...that one extra inch makes all the difference. My seat went from being, at best, okay to comfortable. Well worth the 10 minutes work to change them.

If you are on the fence before buying the jackers, try the bolts and washers...and play around, maybe you want a little more or a little less.

Good luck, and good luck with the sore back.

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

I would think you'd want the front raised to make the seat more like a bucket. My colorado lifts the rear like that electronicly and I think that position is the most uncomfortable. I like front up rear down with lumbar support fully extended.

But then again I'm 6'2" and my head would hit the roof on every bump in the setup your looking at.

If thats the position you want your seat in I'm sure it would work. I'd only slightly be worried about what would happen in a wreck depending on the hardware quality id hope they thought of that though
To save some money and find out if you like that go to lowes or homedept and grab a couple packs of washers and longer bolts in size you need and try it out.
The Tacoma has a manual seat, pull the release lever go forward, back, and you have a lever on the side of the seat to recline the seat back or raise it back up, there is no power raise, lower, lumbar etc. and if you have the opportunity to look at the angle the seat is installed from the factory, it is in a reclined position that on long trips becomes very uncomfortable. That is why I asked for Tacoma drivers input on the seat jackers, I am disabled and I suffer from chronic back pain and anything I can do to make my seat more comfortable, I am going to do it.

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

A3F7052C-7BD1-414C-98B7-5A2A16E72D44.jpeg
if you look at the horizontal plane of the plastic door sill plate, you can see the seat Slope downward from front to back.
71E4E77C-B60C-4CEE-9CBC-4143269C1CE1.jpeg
with the seat jackers, you can see the seat has leveled out quite a bit, not perfect but much better. I still have 1/2” spacers left to play with until I find the right height for me. But it is definitely better than before I put the seat jackers in.

Reactions: CaribooRedneck