Search and Rescue members past and present?

• HTML tutorial

The Durangler

Rank VI

Member I

Port Alberni
First Name
David
Last Name
Hunt
Member #

Service Branch
Search & Rescue (R)
Hey everybody,

I know I have seen posts on here about the Veteran and First Responder community but as I am Retired Search and Rescue, I though it would be fun to meet others.

Would love to hear who has served, how long and what part of the world.

Reactions: OTH Overland

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
David, I see you are not that far from me, about 100 miles if you are a crow, more than that if you count we are on different islands and different countries lol. I spend many years in various SAR groups in Washington State. Started as a ground pounder while in Jr high school at 15 years old, progressed into high angle, technical rescue, and helo operations. Did a few years in the 4x4 rescue division before moving into the fire service where I continued with special rescue. Been a few years and still miss it. Have been thinking about doing some more volunteer SAR or at least more of the 4X4 stuff. Many years ago went to a SAR conference in Eastern Washington and took some classes with a bunch of guys from Comox SAR. Small world

Reactions: The Durangler

The Durangler

Rank VI

Member I

Port Alberni
First Name
David
Last Name
Hunt
Member #

Service Branch
Search & Rescue (R)
David, I see you are not that far from me, about 100 miles if you are a crow, more than that if you count we are on different islands and different countries lol. I spend many years in various SAR groups in Washington State. Started as a ground pounder while in Jr high school at 15 years old, progressed into high angle, technical rescue, and helo operations. Did a few years in the 4x4 rescue division before moving into the fire service where I continued with special rescue. Been a few years and still miss it. Have been thinking about doing some more volunteer SAR or at least more of the 4X4 stuff. Many years ago went to a SAR conference in Eastern Washington and took some classes with a bunch of guys from Comox SAR. Small world
Awesome. I spent 6 years with the Alberni Valley Rescue Squad. Ground pounder and man tracker. Life got messy and we retired. I miss it every day.

The Comox valley crew are good people.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Awesome. I spent 6 years with the Alberni Valley Rescue Squad. Ground pounder and man tracker. Life got messy and we retired. I miss it every day.

Great guys, and a little bit on the crazy side...lol

Reactions: The Durangler

The Durangler

Rank VI

Member I

Port Alberni
First Name
David
Last Name
Hunt
Member #

Service Branch
Search & Rescue (R)

Great guys, and a little bit on the crazy side...lol
You have to be a little crazy to be a SAR addict. Lol.

TheBison

Rank V

Trail Blazer III

Hartsel, CO
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Foltz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA0BF / WRMI426
Service Branch
U.S. Army
I've been in several Colorado SAR groups over the years, most of the time in El Paso County SAR in Colorado Springs but also in Park County SAR and Western State SAR. Haven't been active in about ten years, but starting to get the itch again.