Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Here it is, the official meetup thread for South East New Hampshire and Southern Maine. All of the planning for this was in a large private message with several members but we are moving the discussion about upcoming meets and the Kickoff (April 8) to this thread so everyone is able to see.

We will be hanging out at Redhook Brewery the first Friday of every month at 6:30 pm. Join if you can. Gather up in the parking lot early to check out each others vehicles before heading in for a brew and a bite (soda if you are under 21).

Our first meet will be Saturday April 8 at Hilton Park on Dover Point. This is our Kickoff. Let's all get together at 12:00 pm. Bring your own food for lunch. We will mostly just be meeting each other, checking out rigs, and trading stories for the afternoon. Feel free to bring the whole family. There are a few grills at the park, or you can bring your camp kitchen setup and wow everyone with all your cool gadgets.

I will post a public google calendar link in a bit so you can subscribe and have the dates automatically show in your personal calendars.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

OK. There are two links below. One is the html which you can enter into your browser and the calendar will pop up. The other is the ics which you can use to add the calendar to whatever calendar you use to do your personal scheduling (basically like subscribing). let me know if you have any issues.

HTML Link - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=iu56n9k0rp70234b99idkcjf38@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Chicago

ICS/ICAL - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/iu56n9k0rp70234b99idkcjf38@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

Reactions: bajatacoguy

bajatacoguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Portsmouth NH
First Name
John
Last Name
Lomastro
Member #

Great (Not Good) Stuff... Can't wait!

If anyone has any questions feel free to fire away. I can ALMOST see Hilton Park from my house!

I might MOD out my Kayak and Row up in it!

—————————

Hey Now!

tntc

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Peabody
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Cobb
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1-TTC
Service Branch
Navy
May try to shot up from the MA border after i finish coaching my lacrosse game at 2 pm depending on finish time.

What time do you think you guys will be wrapping up?

bajatacoguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Portsmouth NH
First Name
John
Last Name
Lomastro
Member #

I'm not sure about wrap up time. I am almost certain we will still be chatting & eating.

I was planning on bringing a boche set & horse shoes.

—————————

Hey Now!

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I've listed 5:00 pm as wrap up. That's a loose guideline, though. People are welcome to hang around longer.

bajatacoguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Portsmouth NH
First Name
John
Last Name
Lomastro
Member #

Hilton Park is off of RT16 / Spaulding Turnpike in Dover NH.

Driving South on RT16 take Exit 6 (first exit after the Dover toll booth) left off the exit. Forward threw the set of lights (toward DMV) go under the bridge and look for the Rigs!

Driving North on RT 16 you will go over the General Sullivan Bridge and take Exit 5 - The Exit is for the Park.

I ordered a large Overland Bound Flag that will be flying high if received by our meet!

Feel free to hit me up with any questions.

Thank You

—————————

Hey Now!

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Let's start to get a head count.
@bajatacoguy, Thanks so much for helping me out with this. As some of you know and all of you are about to know, I am still in TX right now and won't be back up int the Motherland until mid summer. So bajatacoguy has stepped in to handle some of the stuff I can't do from here, such as getting to the park a little early and raising the OB flag. He may also have some announcements to make if I think of anything I want him to talk to all of you about. So when you see him on April 8, make sure you thank him. Anyway, I will not be able to make it, obviously. Have fun folks. I want to see some pics.

IanC83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Cambridge, NY
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Creitz
Member #

As of right now it looks good for me to make it but that might change last minute. I'll keep you all posted.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

bajatacoguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Portsmouth NH
First Name
John
Last Name
Lomastro
Member #

Received the flag & just ordered a flagpole.

Look for the OB flag!

—————————

Hey Now!

bajatacoguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Portsmouth NH
First Name
John
Last Name
Lomastro
Member #

Crazy Snow here yesterday & today BUT it looks like 45-55 for this weeks forecast so it looks like next weekend will be a go!

—————————

Hey Now!

Reactions: MA_Trooper

Big110

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Portland, Maine
Member #

Can I propose a parts buy/sell/swap? I've got a number of things (one of which you know! LOL) that I've got for sale and would much rather have it go to a local owner instead of shipping them.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk