Rank 0

Contributor II

San Diego
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Sloan
Member #

Bummer I’ll be skiing in Denver that weekend...I’ll definitely make one though. The wife and I plan on going to the event up in Orange County.

jaydanger

Rank 0

Contributor II

San Diego
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Sloan
Member #

Anybody know of a trail/camping spot that I could do some fly fishing for trout within like 3-4 hrs from SD?

Reactions: Ch3lland

shogunai

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor III

Solana Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Henriksen
Anybody know of a trail/camping spot that I could do some fly fishing for trout within like 3-4 hrs from SD?
The Owens Valley is a bit more than 4 hours (probably more like 5) but has good fly fishing. Never been camping up that way but there are sure to be plenty of places up and down the 395.

Reactions: jaydanger

Snupee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

Sorry, I won't be able to make it to the meeting/run this weekend, my son is wrestling in El Centro trying to qualify for State. But I am planning on heading out to Tierra Del Sol next weekend to check out the event and camp out in the desert.

hopkillin

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
hey everyone sorry for the late notice. this week would be the meet up but unfortunately I can't make the meet up. my wife is out of town an im solo dading it. next month let get another trail run going.

jossay

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Vista, CA, USA
First Name
Jossay
Last Name
Jacobo
Member #

hey everyone sorry for the late notice. this week would be the meet up but unfortunately I can't make the meet up. my wife is out of town an im solo dading it. next month let get another trail run going.
Sorry to hear that @hopkillin, Id be happy to hang out for a while if people are still down to grab coffee or a beer somewhere.

Still new to the area [emoji112]

jaydanger

Rank 0

Contributor II

San Diego
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Sloan
Member #

Thinking about doing Corral Canyon this weekend and camping for the night. Does anyone have advice/route recommendations?

Snupee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

Thinking about doing Corral Canyon this weekend and camping for the night. Does anyone have advice/route recommendations?
Make sure you know which trails you plan on running in Corral Canyon. I was out there a few months ago and all 5 rigs in our group took body damage and one broke a CV on Sidewinder. So some of the trails are tight and very unforgiving. There is a easy 2wd loop around and everything in between, so just make sure you know which trail you enter before you getting to that "Oh crap" moment.

Snupee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

TDS is going off this weekend out in Salton City. I am going to meet up with a few other people I know, to check out the event then camp out in the desert away from the crowds.

jaydanger

Rank 0

Contributor II

San Diego
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Sloan
Member #

Make sure you know which trails you plan on running in Corral Canyon. I was out there a few months ago and all 5 rigs in our group took body damage and one broke a CV on Sidewinder. So some of the trails are tight and very unforgiving. There is a easy 2wd loop around and everything in between, so just make sure you know which trail you enter before you getting to that "Oh crap" moment.
Yeah I'm trying to research that now, not trying to do anything too varsity with the runner and possible getting stuck without anyone around. I was thinking about going from Corral Canyon->4 corners->Los Pinos->Espinosa->Corte Madera->Skye Valley->Lyons Valley Road. After checking out the Tierra Del Sol event page that looks like it may be the move. I'm guessing there's tons of camping in the vicinity of that in the desert.

WhatTheZo

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Diego
Member #

Yeah I'm trying to research that now, not trying to do anything too varsity with the runner and possible getting stuck without anyone around. I was thinking about going from Corral Canyon->4 corners->Los Pinos->Espinosa->Corte Madera->Skye Valley->Lyons Valley Road. After checking out the Tierra Del Sol event page that looks like it may be the move. I'm guessing there's tons of camping in the vicinity of that in the desert.
Yeah that route minus 10 feet of Espinosa is easily Subaru-able. Bobcat Trail is a nice drive too. Camping is pretty close quarters, but you can easily do some dispersed in Cleveland NF or go further into Ocotillo.

jaydanger

Rank 0

Contributor II

San Diego
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Sloan
Member #

Yeah that route minus 10 feet of Espinosa is easily Subaru-able. Bobcat Trail is a nice drive too. Camping is pretty close quarters, but you can easily do some dispersed in Cleveland NF or go further into Ocotillo.
Awesome! Thanks for chiming in, always nice to get the warm and fuzzy that it's good to go before I head up there and have to turn around because it's too technical.