San Diego, CA
First Name
Brice
Last Name
Swan
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Sorry y 'all I wont be able to make it to this one. Its the wife's birthday, going on a family dinner. I'll see ya at the next one!!

SpaceGhost

Rank 0

Contributor II

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Martinez
This will be my first meet up, do you usually have tables reserved or where will I find the group tonight?
Last months meet was my first one, there was a table reserved. I just so happened to miss the sign but walked to the right table, figured “these look like a group of cool guys who I would run into out wheeling” lol

hopkillin

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
Hey everyone. I have been going non stop for 4 weeks at the brewery. Unfortunately I will no be able to be at the brewery because I have to be back at 4am and I need to have some family time. I will have everything set up at the back brewers bar for tonight. Come hang out. Again sorry for the late reply.

Reactions: The desert trek

STOMPERWK2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Solana Beach, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZBN
Yo, I was up in Big Bear last weekend, missed the meet up...I'll be around for August.

IMG_20190726_120931.jpg

Last edited:

MTN RNR

Rank VI

World Traveler III

San Diego 92130
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6TED
Neither @Snupee or I are going to make tonight because of conflicts. However, we are going to get together and see if we can come up with some ideas for perhaps adding some occasional instructional meetings. Ideas like self-rescue techniques, how to use a high lift jack (maybe even try something hands on), intro to ham radio (I could do a couple things on ham radio topics) etc. If any of this sounds good post the ideas here after the meeting tonight. Mind you this is not in lieu of drinking beer once a month, this is SD after all, but in addition to. Doesn't have to be a once a month thing either. A lot of other OB sections are doing things like this with great feedback and results. So why not us?

Ch3lland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Helland
Member #

Neither @Snupee or I are going to make tonight because of conflicts. However, we are going to get together and see if we can come up with some ideas for perhaps adding some occasional instructional meetings. Ideas like self-rescue techniques, how to use a high lift jack (maybe even try something hands on), intro to ham radio (I could do a couple things on ham radio topics) etc. If any of this sounds good post the ideas here after the meeting tonight. Mind you this is not in lieu of drinking beer once a month, this is SD after all, but in addition to. Doesn't have to be a once a month thing either. A lot of other OB sections are doing things like this with great feedback and results. So why not us?
I've been really interested in learning more about the ham radio licensing for sure. As a newbie all of it sounds great though and would be happy to attend those kinds of events.

SpaceGhost

Rank 0

Contributor II

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Martinez
This is a really good idea, definitely worth it, I’m interested for sure. Sign me up for Recovery and hi-lift proper use whenever it’s happening. As someone who’s new to overlanding and doesn’t have all the good gear yet, it would be very nice to learn the do’s and dont’s.

Tj90

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oceanside, CA, USA
First Name
Tj
Last Name
Sleboda
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD5HMP
So where is the meetup tonight? Bitter Brothers? Confused. Seems that there is two threads with 2 locations..... Bitter brothers at 32.8158317,-117.2202787 or 32.8906337,-117.17196639999997?

Ch3lland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Helland
Member #

This thread is the new/correct thread from what I understand. @hopkillin has been organizing the past ones, so he will have to chime in if location is getting updated. I'm planning on whatever this Rally Point shows tonight at 18:00 as of now though. Should be on Morena Blvd

Last edited:
Reactions: Tj90 and SpaceGhost

hopkillin

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
I contacted Bitter Brothers just to make sure it was cool in the event we had a good turn out. Got the all clear, so looking forward to seeing those that can make it!

(Sorry @hopkillin if you had this all already handled - hope all is well)
Thanks for stepping up. I have been so busy the last three weeks that I completely forgot. Sorry everyone. I’ll be at next months

hopkillin

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
That is my original plan. The down side is it’s summer an I crazy busy.