La Mesa, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kn6ggo
Ok everyone what do we want to do for January’s meet. Trail run or brewery? Or something else?

Reactions: SpaceGhost

WAYAWAY

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

The 10 day forecast calls for mid 60s and a few clouds for Ocotillo Wells. If that holds, out will be nice for a Fish Creek Wash run on the 25th. Anza Borrego Is showing similar weather.. if you wanted closer to town, Canyon Sin Nombre is fun.. or the Mud Caves.

I'm road-tripping over the MLK holiday, so I'm very tentative for whatever is planned.

With the rain we're getting, I'm really looking forward to a good bloom this year.

SpaceGhost

Rank 0

Contributor II

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Martinez
The 10 day forecast calls for mid 60s and a few clouds for Ocotillo Wells. If that holds, out will be nice for a Fish Creek Wash run on the 25th. Anza Borrego Is showing similar weather.. if you wanted closer to town, Canyon Sin Nombre is fun.. or the Mud Caves.

I'm road-tripping over the MLK holiday, so I'm very tentative for whatever is planned.

With the rain we're getting, I'm really looking forward to a good bloom this year.
Canyon sin nombre sounds fun. What do the rest of you think?

Kelly4x4

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

el cajon ca 92021
First Name
BILL
Last Name
Kelly
Member #

Good morning all.... FYI San Diego 4 Wheelers will be holding there off road event at Superstition mountins this coming weekend 1/17-1/19 well be out there , come by and say Hi if you go. it is a good event with trail runs and a big raffle all going to help keep the trails open in California ..we will have our 2 jeeps and white cargo / camp trailer with the us flag and Overland base camp flag fling Hi. Hope to meet some of you ! thanks the Kelly's

iluvdrt

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Oceanside, Ca
Member #

Keep in mind in AB the trail to Diablo Drop off is closed from a land slide and bottomless mud pit (Arroyo del....something or other), and the sand stone canyon on Fish Creek is closed again due to a massive boulder blocking the trail.
I just did fish creek this last weekend all the way to heart attack hill. Good ride, but not much in the challenge department until youre almost at heart attack hill.

Id suggest going up Oriflamme, as the rain has really made the climb up a bit tougher.

Ch3lland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Helland
Member #

Thanks @iluvdrt, I remember @WhatTheZo showed a picture of a section of trail that collapsed out there but I couldn't remember exactly which section that was.

@hopkillin what are you thinking? Sounds like a Saturday 1/25 trail run is the meetup consensus... now just need to figure out which trail!

We also need to bring cake for @SpaceGhost 's birthday

STOMPERWK2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Solana Beach, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZBN
Howdy folks, I've been out of pocket for a few months......tires were getting thin and wheeling w/the stock 20's kept me on-road ;-(
But new year brings new shoe's and a little height into the situation. Stomper is coming alive...just got fitted today. I'm stoked!

I should be able to join for the 25th, depends on biz schedule, either way I'm getting plugged back in ;-)

IMG_20200117_133631.jpg

Snupee

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

We could go out just East of the Fish Creek Mountains, there is some fun desert wheeling, washes etc. out there that make for a fun and not too challenging day trip? We could always do an overnighter as well if anyone feels like staying out and stargazing?

Last edited:

Ch3lland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Helland
Member #

We could go out just East of the Fish Creek Mountains, there is some fun desert wheeling, washes etc. out there that make for a fun and not too challenging day trip? We could always do an overnighter as well if anyone feels like staying out and stargazing?
Ah man I wish I could camp that weekend. I'm up for an overnight next time. That looks like a cool area to me

Reactions: SpaceGhost