Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
Fraud...as they do NOT have any Big Agnes outdoor gear. PayPal doesn't recognize them as a fraud and releases funds despite no shipment notification. Not the way PayPal says that they operate. So all that B S about they have your back on transactions...total horse excrement.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
You should still be able to a refund from PayPal. I had ordered something once, it never arrived and when I contacted PayPal letting them I never received it they refunded my money.

North American Sojourner

Rank VI

Influencer I

Mid-Missouri, MO, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Zimmer
Member #

Service Branch
USN (ret)
Fraud...as they do NOT have any Big Agnes outdoor gear. PayPal doesn't recognize them as a fraud and releases funds despite no shipment notification. Not the way PayPal says that they operate. So all that B S about they have your back on transactions...total horse excrement.
Yeah I lost a hundred on a Facebook scam. I eventually got it back but it took almost 6 months.

rsweet

Rank V

Member III

Huntington Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Sweet
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IHR
You don't list the website you purchased from. So scam alert doesn't help anyone avoid site.

Last edited:

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

I don't see how people keep getting burned by this stuff.

Or by PayPal

Use a credit card, if you don't get it reverse the charges. If they don't take credit cards don't buy from them.

Biker Eagle

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Culbertson
Member #

Service Branch
Former NOPD LEO
Rsweet the website was in the title. bigagnes.com.

I doubled up on protecting my order by using my credit card through PayPal.
Big Agnes, the company, has been legally trying to take this site down for months…but it’s still active. Sigh.

OcoeeG

Rank II

Enthusiast III

SE TN
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Gee
There are a bunch of sites like this. If the deal is too good to be true, it probably is. Search the site on the interwebs, you will find out it is a scam. You can also kind of tell by the look of the website, they look a bit shady.

rsweet

Rank V

Member III

Huntington Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Sweet
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IHR
Chinese scammers. Probably why Paypal can't help you. I would contact cloudflare and name.com for abuse and they might take down the site. Cloudflare is the hosting company the website is on.

Name Server: amit.ns.cloudflare.com
Name Server: jillian.ns.cloudflare.com
DNSSEC: unSigned
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@name.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.7203101849
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: Submitting a Complaint to ICANN Contractual Compliance - ICANN

Attachments

bgenlvtex

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Texas and Alaska
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Evans
Member #

Rsweet the website was in the title. bigagnes.com.

I doubled up on protecting my order by using my credit card through PayPal.
Big Agnes, the company, has been legally trying to take this site down for months…but it’s still active. Sigh.
If you have a problem don't even waste your time with PayPal, reverse the charges with your credit card company and move on. When you reverse charges it FIRST takes the money from PayPal, then they charge the vendor back. If they don't have any skin in the game, they're not going to be helpful.

This is like having a wreck and dealing with the other parties insurance, don't. Deal with your insurance company that YOU pay and if they want their money back they can subrogate the other insurance company themselves.

Reactions: Biker Eagle

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

I won’t use PayPal with access to my bank account. Someone scammed my parents business to the tune of $10k using PayPal. PayPal sided with the customer, no questions asked. The person shipped back a box of bricks and they lost the item and money.