Rank V

Advocate III

Delaware
First Name
Don
Last Name
Siegrist
Member #

Hey all, I might be headed down to South Carolina this weekend. I plan to stop in and see the guys at SOS offered concepts (planning to get skids & sliders from these guys) and then I’ll be over in the Clemson University area. Hoping to hit some trails while I’m down there. I’m a newb and working on getting skid plates and sliders but as of now it’s a stock TRD off-road so not a lot of protection. Would like to Offroad a couple of days and camp. Any ideas?

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

Directly north of you will be Gorges State Park, NC that reportedly has some nice trails.
West is the Chattahoochee National Forest in North Georgia, start of the Georgia Traverse.
Yes, the GT is great. A stock vehicle should be fine for most of that.

The east side of GA (western SC) has some scenic forest service roads. About an hour drive from Clemson is the Burrells Ford area (FS 646 and Hwy 107). The ford is actually a bridge over the Chattooga River, with nearby picnic area and campground. If you start there and go west, there are several pretty streams and campgrounds along that route - West Fork Campground and 3 Forks and other trailheads. Pretty area. Nothing real challenging, though. You may wanna check to make sure that area is all open, though I don’t recall seeing any gates.

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

Yes, the GT is great. A stock vehicle should be fine for most of that.

The east side of GA (western SC) has some scenic forest service roads. About an hour drive from Clemson is the Burrells Ford area (FS 646 and Hwy 107). The ford is actually a bridge over the Chattooga River, with nearby picnic area and campground. If you start there and go west, there are several pretty streams and campgrounds along that route - West Fork Campground and 3 Forks and other trailheads. Pretty area. Nothing real challenging, though. You may wanna check to make sure that area is all open, though I don’t recall seeing any gates.
I was up that way doing some of the GT in November and Burrells ford campground was closed due to covid but that was the only thing I remember being closed on that portion.

Reactions: TacoD

LumixLab

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Young Harris, Georgia, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Mauldin
Member #

Reactions: Pretzel and TacoD