Summerville, SC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Hobbs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK4EQC
New member in Summerville. I can't wait to ride with yall. Dirt roads are seriously lacking in the Charleston area. FMF is nice for a day trip, but I'd love to find some more technical stuff. I'm thinking the GA traverse this summer would be nice.

Hitman6

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

South Carolina
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Norwood
Member #

New member in Summerville. I can't wait to ride with yall. Dirt roads are seriously lacking in the Charleston area. FMF is nice for a day trip, but I'd love to find some more technical stuff. I'm thinking the GA traverse this summer would be nice.
Gotta head north west brother. Google Georgia Traverse.

Reactions: RickLB

Pathkiller

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Effingham, South Carolina, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
NA
Florence here, I'm working on getting info together for the Sand Hills area. lots of dirt roads and some camping spots to explore.
I'm just outside of Florence. (Effingham).
We love the Sandhills. We mostly do day trips. But, once we get a new tent we will be doing some overnights & weekends to the upstate, NC mountains & NE Georgia. (Want to do the Ga Traverse)

We also like Francis Marion NF down by Charleston. There is also a nice camping spot at the Marsh WMA. Maybe we can do a day trip together at some point. (We're still wet behind the ears with overlanding)

Attachments

TylerTRD2019

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lexington, SC, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Boland
Member #

I'm just outside of Florence. (Effingham).
We love the Sandhills. We mostly do day trips. But, once we get a new tent we will be doing some overnights & weekends to the upstate, NC mountains & NE Georgia. (Want to do the Ga Traverse)

We also like Francis Marion NF down by Charleston. There is also a nice camping spot at the Marsh WMA. Maybe we can do a day trip together at some point. (We're still wet behind the ears with overlanding)
I’m in Lexington. I’m down to get together as well and plan a trip.

Reactions: Pathkiller

TylerTRD2019

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lexington, SC, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Boland
Member #

My Jeep came from Blairsville, GA. I was up there last month but didn't have a chance to do any wheeling. I'd love to go back up.
There’s a spot on the Chattooga River we used to go to when we were much younger and were doing some research to try to remember exactly where it was... unless someone on here knows of any good areas. When I find out I’ll post it and maybe we can get a group of us to go.

Pathkiller

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Tim
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
NA
Since this thread is gotten a little active, I thought I would throw something out there.
I live in Effingham, SC (Florence, SC area) out in the country on about 5 1/2 acres. (Not real close to trails though.) But, there are a few places where it's possible to get muddy and challenge your rig. (I would talk to the property owners and get the okay)

My place would be a good place for a monthly meet up and an overnight camp. We could probably accommodate up 40 -50 rigs for camping. We have potable water a place for a bonfire, electric for a PA system and we could even have a group cook out.

My question is would any members within a 100mi or so of Florence SC be interested in having a good place for a monthly or every other month meet-up?

If so, I will see what I need to do to move forward-

RickLB

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Blythewood SC
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Byrum
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Since this thread is gotten a little active, I thought I would throw something out there.
I live in Effingham, SC (Florence, SC area) out in the country on about 5 1/2 acres. (Not real close to trails though.) But, there are a few places where it's possible to get muddy and challenge your rig. (I would talk to the property owners and get the okay)

My place would be a good place for a monthly meet up and an overnight camp. We could probably accommodate up 40 -50 rigs for camping. We have potable water a place for a bonfire, electric for a PA system and we could even have a group cook out.

My question is would any members within a 100mi or so of Florence SC be interested in having a good place for a monthly or every other month meet-up?

I’d be interested

Reactions: Pathkiller

TylerTRD2019

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lexington, SC, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Boland
Member #

Count me in!

Pathkiller

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
Tim
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
NA
I'll start doing a little recon to see what needs to be done and look for potential places to ride. If things go well and I have enough info, I'll start a thread and list a Rally Point.

Reactions: SCtundra