Enthusiast I

Oxford, UK
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Walton
Member #

Hi I'm Gary from Oxfordshire in the UK

Recently became a member, so thought I would say hello and add a bit about me.

I had my first Jeep back in 1995, originally more into the off-road scene I was the original founder of the UK's Jeep Owners Club organising off-road trps before passing it over to its current owner, that lead me more to Overland and exploring.

My current overland vehicle is a Nissan Patrol but still have a Jeep WJ as a run around, its a 2005 ltd XS so one of the last ones (in the UK anyhow),
I live in a village in the Chilterns in Oxfordshire, (Midsummer Murders is filmed in the area, that gives most people an idea).

I like to get out when ever possible, and since a kid loved camping in the hills, last weekend I was with a few others and we headed to Italy and the Alps.

Always willing to help anyone, if I can,

A few photos of my Truck

Top 2 photos From Morocco, Bottom 2 are from the Alps last weekend.

View attachment 108245

2.jpg

Bottom 2 Photos from the Alps last Weekend - July 2019

4.jpg

5.jpg

Attachments

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Great to have you Gary and thanks for introducing yourself.
We have a Salisbury Plains weekend planned the end of August which is down your way so take a look at Rally Point join in the fun.

Also the end of August we have a Trail Guardian Weekend on the Raiders Road in the Galloway Forest, Dumfries, Scotland.

NIce pictures, we loved Morocco in 2017 as part of our 9 month trip and we crossed the Alps from Switzerland into Italy on our 8 month trip last year on our way to Mongolia.
The Italian Lakes are stunning but sadly crossing the Alps was mostly low cloud and snow so didn't get to enjoy the views as much as we would have liked.

Great to see you are keen on getting out and doing trips so keep an eye on the forums and join the FB Pages if you haven't already done so. If you want to set up a meet or trip just give me a shout and we will get things arranged.

Anything to do with OB or admin please do not hesitate to give me a shout and I'll get it sorted for you.

Look forward to meeting up with you soon.

Dave

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi I'm Gary from Oxfordshire in the UK

Recently became a member, so thought I would say hello and add a bit about me.

I had my first Jeep back in 1995, originally more into the off-road scene I was the original founder of the UK's Jeep Owners Club organising off-road trps before passing it over to its current owner, that lead me more to Overland and exploring.

My current overland vehicle is a Nissan Patrol but still have a Jeep WJ as a run around, its a 2005 ltd XS so one of the last ones (in the UK anyhow),
I live in a village in the Chilterns in Oxfordshire, (Midsummer Murders is filmed in the area, that gives most people an idea).

I like to get out when ever possible, and since a kid loved camping in the hills, last weekend I was with a few others and we headed to Italy and the Alps.

Always willing to help anyone, if I can,

A few photos of my Truck

Top 2 photos From Morocco, Bottom 2 are from the Alps last weekend.

View attachment 108245

View attachment 108246

Bottom 2 Photos from the Alps last Weekend - July 2019

View attachment 108248

View attachment 108249
Hello Gary and welcome to the OB crew...great rig and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Reactions: Polaris Overland

LostWorld Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Oxford, UK
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Walton
Member #

Great to have you Gary and thanks for introducing yourself.
We have a Salisbury Plains weekend planned the end of August which is down your way so take a look at Rally Point join in the fun.

Also the end of August we have a Trail Guardian Weekend on the Raiders Road in the Galloway Forest, Dumfries, Scotland.

NIce pictures, we loved Morocco in 2017 as part of our 9 month trip and we crossed the Alps from Switzerland into Italy on our 8 month trip last year on our way to Mongolia.
The Italian Lakes are stunning but sadly crossing the Alps was mostly low cloud and snow so didn't get to enjoy the views as much as we would have liked.

Great to see you are keen on getting out and doing trips so keep an eye on the forums and join the FB Pages if you haven't already done so. If you want to set up a meet or trip just give me a shout and we will get things arranged.

Anything to do with OB or admin please do not hesitate to give me a shout and I'll get it sorted for you.

Look forward to meeting up with you soon.

Dave
Thanks Dave

Unfortunately I’m in Corsica then, otherwise I would have come down,

I’m sure we will catch up sometime,

I was watching/following your travels on Facebook, looked an amazing trip.

Thanks again.

Ps I seem to have 2 photos of everything on the iPhone App, is that normal.