San Luis Obispo to Bing sur via nfr (g16) 6/9-6/11

• HTML tutorial

Tyler Man

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

We are meeting at the Starbucks off of madonna road in San Luis Obispo Friday June 6 at 6 pm and taking off at 6:30. We will be crossing g16 through fort hunter liggett and arriving at camp (alder creek campground) around 9:30. Should be fun the trail down to the camp extends 4 miles down into an old gold mining site down a very rutted out flexy road. We expect that it is overgrown..... We are meeting with two members at Jalon rd before the base from Monterey. Let me know if you're interested. I plan on a little fishing and maybe some surfing/hiking.

Attachments

Reactions: Scott nunn

JeffMerlet

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Santa Cruz, CA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Merlet
We are meeting at the Starbucks off of madonna road in San Luis Obispo Friday June 6 at 6 pm and taking off at 6:30. We will be crossing g16 through fort hunter liggett and arriving at camp (alder creek campground) around 9:30. Should be fun the trail down to the camp extends 4 miles down into an old gold mining site down a very rutted out flexy road. We expect that it is overgrown..... We are meeting with two members at Jalon rd before the base from Monterey. Let me know if you're interested. I plan on a little fishing and maybe some surfing/hiking.
Just to let you know that the trail down to Alder creek campground is all clear. Was there several times in May. The sites past the creek are on the overgrown side.

Reactions: Tyler Man

Tyler Man

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

Just to let you know that the trail down to Alder creek campground is all clear. Was there several times in May. The sites past the creek are on the overgrown side.
Awesome thanks for the intel. Was the road maintained or pretty rutted out?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

JeffMerlet

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Santa Cruz, CA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Merlet
Well maintained; just at the bottom before arriving there was a mud area with bigger ruts but it is drying out. you can by-pass it by going left and then on the right side for the next one. But nothing really deep and you will be totally fine with the taco.

Reactions: Tyler Man