San Antonio, TX trusted garages

• HTML tutorial

Hybrid_Offroad

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Antonio, TX
Member #

Hey guys, I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday!

First off, I wasn't sure where I was post this thread so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place.

I have a few parts incoming and I wanted some recommendations on garages in San Antonio that could accomdate me and my vehicle to get a few parts installed. I have a front bumper guard, skid plate and front led bar. I lack the necessary tools (recently moved) to install these. Also need some custom light mounts fabricated if anyone knows a shop that can do this for me.

I appreciate everyones help in advance :)

Travis Barker

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Antonio
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Barker
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Hey guys, I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday!

First off, I wasn't sure where I was post this thread so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place.

I have a few parts incoming and I wanted some recommendations on garages in San Antonio that could accomdate me and my vehicle to get a few parts installed. I have a front bumper guard, skid plate and front led bar. I lack the necessary tools (recently moved) to install these. Also need some custom light mounts fabricated if anyone knows a shop that can do this for me.

I appreciate everyones help in advance :)
Try 4x4 source or bikini off-road both great shops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben Cleveland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

I had some work done by 4x4 source a year or so ago. Literally the worst experience I’ve ever had at a garage. Unprofessional, took twice as long as promised, didn’t communicate well, and they played dumb after breaking an abs sensor while installing my lift. I could not ever recommend them. My .02, stay away. Granted they’re obviously jeep guys and I had a Tacoma. Shouldn’t make a difference but I have a feeling that’s part of why they blew me off. It was very frustrating to say the least.

Blackmons Garage is who i use for maintenance and repairs. Old school shop, not specific to off-roading but if they agree to do the work for you they’ll do it well and change a fair price. I trust them, and I don’t trust many people with my vehicles.

A&A sheet metal in Southtown is a great small welding and fab shop. Again, not vehicle or off-roading specific but I have found them willing to do anything I ask. And I’ve had some pretty off the wall projects for them through work. Ask for Armando. He also charges you less if you pay cash.

Reactions: Hybrid_Offroad

Hybrid_Offroad

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Antonio, TX
Member #

I had some work done by 4x4 source a year or so ago. Literally the worst experience I’ve ever had at a garage. Unprofessional, took twice as long as promised, didn’t communicate well, and they played dumb after breaking an abs sensor while installing my lift. I could not ever recommend them. My .02, stay away. Granted they’re obviously jeep guys and I had a Tacoma. Shouldn’t make a difference but I have a feeling that’s part of why they blew me off. It was very frustrating to say the least.

Blackmons Garage is who i use for maintenance and repairs. Old school shop, not specific to off-roading but if they agree to do the work for you they’ll do it well and change a fair price. I trust them, and I don’t trust many people with my vehicles.

A&A sheet metal in Southtown is a great small welding and fab shop. Again, not vehicle or off-roading specific but I have found them willing to do anything I ask. And I’ve had some pretty off the wall projects for them through work. Ask for Armando. He also charges you less if you pay cash.

Thanks F250ben! I will look into those two options. I called 4x4 source couple days ago the guy said he would call me back because he was with a customer, never heard back... Glad to hear your feedback.

Ben Cleveland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

Thanks F250ben! I will look into those two options. I called 4x4 source couple days ago the guy said he would call me back because he was with a customer, never heard back... Glad to hear your feedback.
Yeah man! Good luck...wish I could offer to help you out myself. But it’s my busy season, I’ve put in 40 hours just from Tuesday to Thursday, working all weekend, and I’ve got a honey do list at home as long as my arm.

But. Message me if you have any questions or issues. We’ve been in San Antonio for a year and a half, happy to help a new “neighbor” if I can!

Reactions: Hybrid_Offroad

Hybrid_Offroad

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Antonio, TX
Member #

Hybrid_Offroad

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Antonio, TX
Member #

Yeah man! Good luck...wish I could offer to help you out myself. But it’s my busy season, I’ve put in 40 hours just from Tuesday to Thursday, working all weekend, and I’ve got a honey do list at home as long as my arm.

But. Message me if you have any questions or issues. We’ve been in San Antonio for a year and a half, happy to help a new “neighbor” if I can!

I definitely appreciate that dude!

Hybrid_Offroad

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Antonio, TX
Member #

Hybrid_Offroad

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I