First Name
Rob
Last Name
Kroupa
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5JPP
Service Branch
USAF
I know this may sound a little silly but I'm looking for a good durable compact set of salt and pepper grinders to add to my kitchen kit. I have been using the prefilled grinders from the grocery store but occasionally the plastic grinder part ends up broken before I use up the contents and I'd like to avoid glass if possible.

So any suggestions?

kunstmilch

Rank V

Advocate II

Pomona, CA, USA
First Name
Erich
Last Name
Wise
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS call sign: WRFL229
I cant vouch for any as we are still experimenting and the next ones on our list are a set of small stainless steel grinders you use your thumb to engage the mechanism, but we haven’t yet bought them. You can find them on amazon for reference. If you’d like a link i can provide it, but like i said, I haven’t actually used it or own it yet.

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

Professional chef here: Peugeot. All the way. Keep in mind, salt grinders have different mechanisms from pepper grinders, not a good idea to mix them up

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Most likely not of the Peugeot quality but works fine for our chuck box is the small set of Primus mills. They hold enough for a reasonable trip (ymmv) and have proven reliable.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I have some rechargeable (USB) ones I got cheap on Amazon. It sounds like the ultimate in lazy, but I use a LOT of pepper when I'm cooking, especially if I'm doing a bunch of steaks for a big group so hand-grinding honestly gets old. Boo-hoo, I know. ;)

It's all plastic. The only thing I don't like is I almost always accidently hit the power button when I go to pick it up.

-TJ