Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Showered last night, good night of sleep, and a beautiful sunrise. We're now calling this the TAT and Americana tour. Detoured off the TAA slightly to the Dutch Made Bakery in Tracy City, TN for some morning Danish.

Attachments

Reactions: velo47

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
TAT 1.0 stopping in Corinth MS doing laundry. It was time. And a Wal-Mart run for some basics

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: velo47

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
It looks like the other group turned back to Lafayette, GA. Do you have plans to regroup?
If nothing else, I hope you can regroup near Trinidad, CO if not before. It'll become more interesting. Plus I'd sure like to meet everyone.
Not sure if the fast group is going to stay together once they get to CO. Some may want to continue west instead of North through CO.
Who all is interested in continuing west?

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
TAT 1.0. Last night we camped just inside Arkansas at the Delta Heritage Trail campground. Technically it is for hikers/tenters, but they let us camp in their parking lot. Nice bathrooms. Mississippi just wasn't doing it for us.

Today we'll get to check out the Arkansas portion of the TAT. Supposedly there are some technical portions.

Attachments

Last edited:
Suppose that makes me TAT 4.0 for anyone that comes after this.

Permanent locked gate at 38.26368, -80.48756 on the Williams River Rd Detour in WV. Quick, easy reroute.

Temporary road closure at 38.29272, -79.80452 in VA. Long detour to get back on track.

Stopped for a lot of hikes, meals, and to jump in a couple rivers for fun - or a hobo bath.

So far I’m taking the purist route and bouncing off/back for sightseeing. Having a delicious adventure! -BP

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

NØMAD

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Newton
Member #

TAT 2.0 had a great tour through Mississippi. Camped on the bayou at sunset, visited with Tupelo Fire & saw home of Elvis. Pushed onward across the Mississippi River to Arkansas after many dusty trails to officially arrive in “the west”.

Attachments

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
TAT 2.0 had a great tour through Mississippi. Camped on the bayou at sunset, visited with Tupelo Fire & saw home of Elvis. Pushed onward across the Mississippi River to Arkansas after many dusty trails to officially arrive in “the west”.
Thanks for the updates! (I was following you around Tupelo trying to imagine what you were up to.)

What are TAT 2.0's plans for Colorado? North on Shadow or west on the traditional route?

Reactions: NØMAD

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
TAT 1.0. Signed the TAT book a little bit into Arkansas this morning The proprietor was there, interesting old gentleman.
If you need any help in AR, @BlueLineOverland is our Member Rep there in Ozark.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
@DEADBEEF , do you think you'll still want to visit the Great Sand Dunes NP? If so, which TAT version are you?

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

With the pace you guys are doing I am betting you will have passed by my entry location to the TAT at Elkhart, KS (OK2 section) I leave on July 6th and I should be on the trail heading west about 5 hours after leaving home.

No_Pavement_Pls

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SE Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Lampmann
Member #

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
So did I miss why the split was made? I thought I saw one team is going slower than the other...but it seemed the slow team was ahead...lol.

Looks like a good time is being had. Man I wish I could get away for a travel trip...we are still destination vacationers. Hope I can change that in a few years...lol

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Not sure what lies ahead or in the west but I'm surprised (and confused?) at how much pavement there's been so far. -BP
Haven't you heard?? There has been such an increase of traffic on the TAT in recent years that they've begun to pave it! :sunglasses: