Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Yep, as well as Colorados climate is so dry compared to most states.

Since I'm 345 ft above sea level and use to it being very moist. I'll be chugging the H2O outside my norm. I hope armyRN is planning for an exceptional amount of potty breaks! LOL
It was similar my first time. I lived at about 240' in AL in a wet clime. We drove straight out and were over 13K' almost immediately. The only problems I remember were headaches and dry noses.

I was very happy to find Ayr Saline Nasal Gel for the dry nasal passages.

Reactions: DevilDodge

Stalker

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Camas, WA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Zak
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7WLL
As a pro in cyber security I have to say: an identity theft is real and that envelop will give to the bad guy everything he could dream of. So if you have such envelope in your glove box, please take it with you every time you leave the vehicle unattended in public!

Last edited:
Reactions: jeepers29

NMBruce

Rank V

Advocate II

Pagosa Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0NBD
Service Branch
U.S. Air Force
Hydration seems to play a part so plan accordingly especially in the Rockies.
yes and plain aspirin can help if you want to use it. Altitude sickness will start around 9000 ft and above. if your above 10,000 ft for more than 30 minutes without added oxygen and you start getting a headache, you're starting to get sick. The no longer than 30 mins above 10,000 ft is an FAA requirement that controllers have to check on private small aircraft that are not pressurized. Living at 7650 ft and having family and friends visit, we have to watch for this stuff.

A side note to this. When your camping at the higher altitudes, alcohol will affect you faster, so watch it.

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Since I'm 345 ft above sea level and use to it being very moist. I'll be chugging the H2O outside my norm. I hope armyRN is planning for an exceptional amount of potty breaks! LOL
You can count on it! After I turned 60, I think frequent peeing has become my newest hobby.

Last edited:

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
As a pro in cyber security I have to say: an identity theft is real and that envelop will give to the bad guy everything he could dream of. So if you have such envelope in your glove box, please take it with you every time you leave the vehicle unattended in public!
Suggestions that keep the intent of the envelopes intact? In a zip lock bag under the passenger rear seat floormat?

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Did anyone get the updated SOR track from Sam? I had an email on Monday see attached image

08B424F3-B53D-4E3E-95E0-1C46E9A2AF27.jpeg

Triple B

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Tampa, FL
First Name
Ann
Last Name
Edwards
Member #

problem solved , make it a must have item :smiley: View attachment 194947
Did anyone get the updated SOR track from Sam? I had an email on Monday see attached image

View attachment 194914
That reply looks a bit wonky as such I did not open the attachments. Here is Sam's address spcorrero@gmail.com. I have not heard back as of yet. It has been ~ 2 weeks since I sent my original request. I did a follow-up gentle reminder this a.m. so will see what happens. Did not get back a delivery failure message from my follow-up email.

Triple B

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Tampa, FL
First Name
Ann
Last Name
Edwards
Member #

All right all you wonderful people. I heard back from Sam and it looks like the corrected SOR has the waypoints. I see the waypoints when viewing on the laptop. The file has the same name as previously sent, but couldn't get it to update. So changed the name and GAIA seems to have over wrote the file. The update on laptop has not made it yet to phone app but assume it will work there as well. I think this takes a while for one to talk to the other. If all my peeps want I can add the updated file to this thread, forward via email or you can wait for Sam to send it to you.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
All right all you wonderful people. I heard back from Sam and it looks like the corrected SOR has the waypoints. I see the waypoints when viewing on the laptop. The file has the same name as previously sent, but couldn't get it to update. So changed the name and GAIA seems to have over wrote the file. The update on laptop has not made it yet to phone app but assume it will work there as well. I think this takes a while for one to talk to the other. If all my peeps want I can add the updated file to this thread, forward via email or you can wait for Sam to send it to you.
I'd rather not have to go back and wait for Sam if given the choice. Thanks!

Triple B

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Tampa, FL
First Name
Ann
Last Name
Edwards
Member #

I attached the file for ya! Sam sent the file named as 2A-SOR CO. As previously mentioned I had to change the name to get the file to overwrite on the laptop(2A1 SOR CO) Feel free to change the name as you see fit. I was able to get it to upload on the phone app without changing the name of the file. It looks like about 4-5 waypoints were added along the Rocky Mountain range. Let me know if you show the same. Now that the file has been updated, can't remember exactly which ones were missing.

GPX viewer

Attachments

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
I attached the file for ya! Sam sent the file named as 2A-SOR CO. As previously mentioned I had to change the name to get the file to overwrite on the laptop(2A1 SOR CO) Feel free to change the name as you see fit. I was able to get it to upload on the phone app without changing the name of the file. It looks like about 4-5 waypoints were added along the Rocky Mountain range. Let me know if you show the same. Now that the file has been updated, can't remember exactly which ones were missing.

GPX viewer
Wouldn't work with OB1 app, but it did with the mobile browser.

Thanks!

Mrprez

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wildwood, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Kennedy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ4WMZ
We are in Beebe, AR, having a great time. So far the roads have been pretty good. I have two map updates for you. Both are on AR01. The first one is in the town of Clarendon, AR. The track shows you going into town and crossing two bridges. Those bridges are not there anymore, nor is the road. Stay on 79 until your next regular turn.

The next change is between Hwy 70 and I40. There is a section of road permanently gated on both ends. Solution is to go west on 70 one more road and then north to rejoin the track. Also note that north of I40 you are in a WMA area that offers lots of free designated camp sites. Most will fit three vehicles easily. One would hold 5 or 6.
A749BD6A-EBEC-4B64-B84B-CF6BAFEBAF24.jpeg9D1B9F5B-DC77-4FDF-BE0D-8446F0E18D7B.jpegimage.jpg

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
We are in Beebe, AR, having a great time. So far the roads have been pretty good. I have two map updates for you. Both are on AR01. The first one is in the town of Clarendon, AR. The track shows you going into town and crossing two bridges. Those bridges are not there anymore, nor is the road. Stay on 79 until your next regular turn.

The next change is between Hwy 70 and I40. There is a section of road permanently gated on both ends. Solution is to go west on 70 one more road and then north to rejoin the track. Also note that north of I40 you are in a WMA area that offers lots of free designated camp sites. Most will fit three vehicles easily. One would hold 5 or 6.
View attachment 195051View attachment 195052View attachment 195053
This is why I love this forum. Getting to tag along on trips I can not go on...but finding information for when I can.

Still wishing I could join. Work is ruining my camping career

T. Stanley

Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep Kansas
Launch Member

Member III

Clay Center, Kansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

well i met up with mr and mrs prez and ran some of the TAT trails in Arkansas this morning. (AR2 and AR3) I came from Kansas to test my gear and a bonus was getting to meet more overlanders. we wheeled through most of AR2 and the whole time we had been looking for some camping spots along the way and finally around noon we found several and one i think would be awesome to try to hit when we come through in june(ish)
John and his better half were heading west and i had been trying to find a good spot to camp so they headed west and i headed back to the cool spot i found
225FDF1C-7015-4C27-A422-1513DB4ED550.jpeg
the view

F6D80268-82EB-4CE5-BC36-16AAC51E07BF.jpeg

this spot is big enough to fit all of us

Mrprez

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wildwood, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Kennedy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ4WMZ
Nice to meet you Tim, I hope you finally got your cup of Joe. Were you going to stay the night there? Looked a good spot. I did see another place further down the road. I couldn’t tell too much about it, as it was shielded from the road by some bushes. It’s on the driver side heading west. Look for a short trail through a mud puddle.

Also, glad you drove back east from Scotland, Ar to meet up with us, I don’t think we would have caught up with you otherwise. We stopped in Oark for lunch, but it was jam packed. We decided to head south off the trail to Clarksville and will head back up there in the morning. We also hit the car wash and off loaded a ton of mud.
Maybe my fuel mileage will be better!

Make sure that you go down Warloop Rd tomorrow! Do not miss that, you will love it! Lots of fun.

John and Sharon

Mrprez

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wildwood, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Kennedy
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ4WMZ
Here is another update on AR-01. The road in red is on private property or does not exit. Go past the business to CCC Rd, marked in blue, and then follow the track from the stop sign.B8E66B38-BC47-47AE-AFD0-8C927164FF16.jpeg

Triple B

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Tampa, FL
First Name
Ann
Last Name
Edwards
Member #

Nice to meet you Tim, I hope you finally got your cup of Joe. Were you going to stay the night there? Looked a good spot. I did see another place further down the road. I couldn’t tell too much about it, as it was shielded from the road by some bushes. It’s on the driver side heading west. Look for a short trail through a mud puddle.

Also, glad you drove back east from Scotland, Ar to meet up with us, I don’t think we would have caught up with you otherwise. We stopped in Oark for lunch, but it was jam packed. We decided to head south off the trail to Clarksville and will head back up there in the morning. We also hit the car wash and off loaded a ton of mud.
Maybe my fuel mileage will be better!

Make sure that you go down Warloop Rd tomorrow! Do not miss that, you will love it! Lots of fun.

John and Sharon
I hear warloop is a good one. Did you guys pass the TAT sign in yet? It looks like you were in the Ozark Nat'l Forest. Camp spots should be plentiful.