Moving to a RRT came as a sticker shock to my project, but after all is said and done I'm happy that I went with a RRT. My current reason for a RRT is that I live the Pacific Northwest with travels to Southwest desert and next year to the Alaskan Yukon. When I'm out exploring I'm out for weeks at a time. It's really important to get a good nights sleep when driving 10 hours or more a day and I can't afford to pay for a hotel room each night. Weather, landscape and night creatures are issue I've had to deal with in the past but not anymore. I can't tell you how many time I've had to sleep in my Jeep because I could setup a tent or find a spot to sleep because of camp grounds being full. If I have to I can deploy a RRT in a parking lot for a few hours of sleep. I like to camp all year also, winter camping is my favorite time of year and again simple deployment when the ground has several feet of snow on it. Have you ever sleep on snow covered ground? As far as gas mileage, never really did see a difference in my Jeep when adding a RRT. I guess the biggest thing here is what type of Rig are building, if you camp for a day or two I would say buy tent and you'll be just fine but if your out for weeks at a time or camp a lot a RRT will more then pay for it's self.