RTT Trailer Build

• HTML tutorial

Gillbrak

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Denver, CO
Member #

Just picked this up a couple weeks ago. Will be cleaning up the wiring, moving fridge from truck to trailer. It has two AGM batteries, 10 gal water tank/pump, Dexter axle, 31sTrailer1.jpg Trailer2.jpg Trailer3.jpg Trailer4.jpg . Looking forward to making it our own.

Sidetrekked Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Possum Kingdom Lake, Texas
First Name
David and Dayna
Last Name
Coston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5NXU GMRS:WROE726
Service Branch
USMC
Looks like you have a great starting point. I've had a lot of fun building mine. Are you planning on adding a roof top tent?

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Nice looking trailer. I've found that I still carry my fridge in the car because after I set up basecamp, and I go on a trail run, I like to have my lunch fixins' with me in the fridge.
I have modified my set up a couple of times based on how I use it and what I use from it, you have a flexible arrangement that will allow that too.

Dan.

Sidetrekked Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Possum Kingdom Lake, Texas
First Name
David and Dayna
Last Name
Coston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5NXU GMRS:WROE726
Service Branch
USMC
I too keep my fridge in the truck so I can have it available as we drive around. I have a rack system for my rtt to be mounted on my truck but we generally will set up the tent and trailer and drive around in the truck. (Base camping basically.) It's nice to come back after being out all day and have the tent already set up. The truck rack is available if we don't take the trailer or we are camping one night then moving to another spot during the day. I also keep my max trax and rotopax on the rack.

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Like the trailer you put together, always a big fan of re-purposing materials when it's done in the way you have. I hope when my trailer is done it reflects the same ingenuity!

sri kamas

Rank 0

Traveler I

Chicago,IL
Member #

Building a custom trailer from M416 and some work is still left to do like an aluminum lid to cover the tub. Already zeroed in on 4 people Smittybilt RTT 2883 model. The base of the RTT sits at 74 inches from the ground that aligns perfectly with my jeep height so there is no visibility issues while driving but i am wondering if this height causes any stability issues. What do you guys think?

Attachments

Reactions: BigSkyGuy