RTT Mounting Over Truck Bed

• HTML tutorial

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

I'm hoping some of you are smarter than I am when it comes to mounting RTTs. I want to find a way to mount a RTT over my truck bed that makes it flush with the roof line. I have looked at thule/yakima racks and dont see how I could make it work with a truck bed rail. Any ideas, comments, suggestions, pleas of insanity are welcome!

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

I'm hoping some of you are smarter than I am when it comes to mounting RTTs. I want to find a way to mount a RTT over my truck bed that makes it flush with the roof line. I have looked at thule/yakima racks and dont see how I could make it work with a truck bed rail. Any ideas, comments, suggestions, pleas of insanity are welcome!
I did that but ended up having to make custom bars to the exact height I needed. A frontrunner kit will work if you want it under the roof line.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

I know that CVT sells a rack that will mount the RTT just below the roof line of your truck.. But as mentioned, if you want it even with the roofline, you'll need to custom fab. I just took the hit on fuel mileage and went with the Leitner Designs Active Cargo system.

Here's the bars I was thinking about that CVT sells:

https://cascadiatents.com/shop/universal-truck-bed-rack/

Attachments

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

I guess it doesnt have to be flush with the roof line, I like the one that you linked I just dont like the price tag :tearsofjoy:

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

I guess it doesnt have to be flush with the roof line, I like the one that you linked I just dont like the price tag :tearsofjoy:
Honestly, a couple of peices of flat bar stock 4 feet long will accomplish the same thing.. Drill some holes in your bed rail to mount the flat bar where you want it, and you're done.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Truckerbizz

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

Honestly, a couple of peices of flat bar stock 4 feet long will accomplish the same thing.. Drill some holes in your bed rail to mount the flat bar where you want it, and you're done.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
I was thinking of doing that, i just dont want the bed rail to tear