Rank II

Traveler I

Medford Oregon
First Name
Micah
Last Name
White
Member #

What do you recommend for making your roof tent more comfortable? We have a smittybuilt xl tent since I wasn’t sure we would like it. Answe may be to buy a better tent now that we do. It has a foam mattress and although I Luke it better than ground tents I’m sure it could be better.

DrewKD

Rank V

Influencer II

Pasadena CA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Dancel
Member #

I bought a 3" mattress from Amazon. I have a MegaMat Duo already but didn't want to go through the hassle of airing up and down. It works for us but you can't go wrong with the Mega.

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Expensive but the Megamat Duo was a huge upgrade for us. Honestly don't really notice the airing up and down. When I get to a site, I usually chill for an hour or two before bed, and it usually fills up to the firmness I want (maybe a extra pump or two). I have to organize the sleeping bags anyways so airing down takes maybe an extra minute.

oneleglance

Rank V

Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
I have been using Exped Megamats in all my builds for the last 10yrs, love them and with the self inflate given a little time at most I have to top it off with a little air from the included hand pump or on board air.
Makes a huge difference in comfort for me & my wife.

Reactions: Oregon_trail

Oregon_trail

Rank II

Traveler I

Medford Oregon
First Name
Micah
Last Name
White
Member #

Having self inflate would be nice but I would definitely probably prefer not having to air anything up at all since we typically pick up camp every day to travel around or maybe stay 2 nights.

DRAX

Rank V

Advocate I

Monticello, IL
First Name
Hogan
Last Name
Whittall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DRX
Our RTT has a 3" "memory foam" mattress, my problems with it are not enough lower back support when I'm on my back and my hips finding the bottom in short order. My wife has no problems with the mattress, so I just ended up buying a Kelty Galactic self-inflating sleeping pad to put under my sleeping bag. Works like a charm and self inflates in short order.