Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
Greetings Programs,
I am looking for ideas on bracket solutions for upgrading my Smittybilt Overlander XL sliding ladder to a telescoping ladder. The brackets that attach the ladder to the tent are not transferable. They are riveted to the OEM ladder, which isn't a show stopper, but they also slide into the ends of the uprights where they rivet along the side of the ladder upright, not on the top rung of the ladder. The new ladder (sourced from Amazon) does not have brackets to attach it to the tent brackets. While I can probably fab something up, I was wondering if anyone had worked out a solution or found some way to use the OEM ladder brackets that did not involve destroying the OEM ladder?

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
Update-. Just in case anyone trios over this post and wonders... I contacted a rooftop tent company that regularly uses the telescoping ladders and asked them to ship me a set of brackets. I explained how I wanted to use a heavier duty ladder than the one that came with my tent... b/c I'm fat... Lol. Anyway, they sent me a set of brackets and didn't even charge for brackets or shipping. Great folks!

Reactions: rgallant