Rank III

Contributor III

Lebanon, Oregon, United States
First Name
Brady
Last Name
Shields
Member #

I’m relatively new to all of this, and I am having a heckuva time finding reliable information or even reviews by tall people for rooftop tents.

Due to the state of the world right now with Covid and what not, I’m going out and seeing these in person, and having the ability to get in and out of them it’s just not really an option. I am 6‘6“ tall and my wife and I would like to get a rooftop tent That’s I can lay out all the way LOL.

This is either going to go on the top of my truck, or perhaps on the top of an adventure type trailer, we haven’t quite decided yet.

Can anyone make a recommendation for rooftop rooftop tent for a taller person? 

DRAX

Rank V

Advocate I

Monticello, IL
First Name
Hogan
Last Name
Whittall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DRX
Nearly every RTT manufacturer should be publishing the mattress/bed dimensions on their websites, you shouldn't be having any problem getting the info you need without leaving your house. With dimensions and a tape measure in hand, you can lay out an area on your floor that matches various mattress sizes and then lay down to see how much room you have.

For example, the mattress of my OVS Nomadic 4 is 75" wide and 94" long. That's 6.25 feet wide and 7.8 feet long. At 6.5' tall you'd still have nearly 16 inches of room left. I'm 6'1" and have no problem even when I have clothes and such at the foot of the mattress.

Reactions: FishinCrzy

Rolando

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Lovettsville, VA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Woldt
Member #

I have the Tuff Stuff Alpha 2 and the mattress is 53x78, but there are a few inches more available when the hardcover is open. This is the smaller 2-person tent for shorter beds, and they also have the regular Alpha which is wider (for 4 people).