rtic coolers are on sale currently

• HTML tutorial

mase001

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Also fwiw I ordered mine and it shipped within 12 mins. Literally within 20 minutes the tracking number was live on usps.com as picked up! :D

Reactions: NV.Recon

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
I had the Reduce from Costco but I just didn't like it. I returned them and just flipped the bill for the Yeti's. I like it better. The cap is FAR better than the Reduce and it's slimmer. But it also 4x the price. But I paid it because I liked the Yeti a lot more. I also keep the Takeya because that thing is plain awesome. Left it in the sand directly in the sunlight for hours and I still had a big ole block of ice in there.

Vyscera

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chico, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I do not have any of these coolers, but for what its worth, the Rtic has a 30 day warranty and is made in China, while you can get a Yeti made in USA with a 5 yr warranty. Igloo also sells "sportsman" coolers with a 5 yr warranty.

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

I do not have any of these coolers, but for what its worth, the Rtic has a 30 day warranty and is made in China, while you can get a Yeti made in USA with a 5 yr warranty. Igloo also sells "sportsman" coolers with a 5 yr warranty.
well the saying goes you get what you pay for lol

me personally ive heard nothing but good things about rtic, so im not even worried about the warranty, even if it fails and I have to buy another ill still be into it less then one yeti lol

Reactions: NV.Recon

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Yeti Tundra coolers are made in the USA and the Philippines. Hoppers are made in China.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Glenn

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

New Tazewell, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Cote
Member #

My Tan 65 was delivered today and is sitting on the floor in front of me. The way i see it now is a 5 yr warranty or a 30 day warranty...I don't know what you could possibly do to this thing to need replacing ever. It is heavy duty and weighs more than I anticipated. My first impression is I could not go wrong with this cooler at that price. Time will tell.

Deadman Offroad

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Escondido, CA
Member #

Just ordered a 45, I am super stoked! I have been lusting after a high quality cooler for a long time. A buddy of mine got an RTIC for christams and it really looks top notch.

Rob B

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Just ordered the 20 and the 45 out the door with tax it was $241. We'll see. I will post how they turn out when I get them.

Vyscera

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chico, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Member #

well the saying goes you get what you pay for lol

me personally ive heard nothing but good things about rtic, so im not even worried about the warranty, even if it fails and I have to buy another ill still be into it less then one yeti lol
I might read into warranties too much. But if a company thinks that enough would fail in 90 days or a year to affect their profit margins, I'm weary.

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

No opinion on the subject yet, but there is some interesting reading about lawsuits between Yeti, Walmart, Rtic.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/case-watch-yeti-v-rtic-john-drake

Yea cause yeti is trying to run a damn monopoly...
Its outrageous. Walmarts ozark trail brand is living proof that yeti quality can be made at a fraction of the cost. Its ridiculous, especially when everyone gets all mad, oh support american made products yada yada yada. Why? Why pay 40 dollars for a cup that can be had for 9 bucks??? Why pay 400 dollars for a cooler that can be had for 200? Im waiting for ozark to make their own coolers now lol (i still bought the rtic tho, so if ozark ever does make one i can dona good comparison)
Anyways..sorry for the rant lol /rant

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Rob B

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

I can see it both ways. I do think that excellent coolers were around before Yeti, and there seems to be a few high end ones in the market. I think what Yeti is a master at is raising awareness, and forming a cult around high end coolers, err pardon me.. 'ice chests'. Personally, a +200 ice chest is out of the question, so a +400 ice chest is waaay beyond that. I was literally going to replace my Coleman Steelbelt at $98.84 but I bought an Rtic for $122.49 ($227.50 cheaper than the Yeti). That savings to me is a Renogy 100W solar panel kit for my RV, and two cases of Coors Light. So if I do regret the purchase, I will be able to drink my sorrows away, with fully charged batteries. :smiley:

http://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/fishing/2016/03/ice-chest-throwdown-12-top-end-coolers-ranked-and-reviewed#page-10

TOMB

Local Expert Central Valley CA

Explorer I

Clovis Ca
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6STB
Just ordered a tan 45. Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Got my 45 tan just a moment ago. UPS said... Ive delivered 3 of these today, whats up. I let him in on the sale. I have a guy at work looking at the 45 as well, so Ill be taking mine in tomorrow morning at 4. But initial impression. BAD A, even my girlfriend likes it. My daughter wanted to get in on on the action and helped me unbox it... thank you to the OP for the heads up. I'm checking the site every few hours for the 65 tan to come back into stock. Hopefully before the sale ends, but either way Ill have it in my garage as well.

Reactions: timberwolf_120

Tahoe.Adventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corona, CA
Member #

I just ordered a tan 45! I have been eyeing "super" coolers for a long time, but never pulled the trigger. It took 10 min to get the tracking number too!

Will check back in once I get it

RaggedViking

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Readsboro, VT
Member #

Get your RTIC products while you can - because they've just been nailed for Patent Infringement.
YETI filed a lawsuit against RTIC in 2015 and the courts ruled that a majority of their products are a carbon copy of YETI's.
What does this mean? Well, the people who run RTIC are turds and they lack integrity and they're going to be going out of business very soon.
But it doesn't mean their product is bad - in fact, it's been proven to stand up to YETI's... SO GET WHILE THE GETTIN' IS GOOD!!!!!
RTIC is going to be liquidating assets in order to pay off their massive debt.

Reactions: Tahoe.Adventures