Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
14 years in the Royal Navy as a Weapons Engineer and Ships Diver.
Mix of vessels from Minesweepers to Destroyers and Frigate and various active deployments including Falklands and the Gulf.
Swore when I left I wanted nothing to do with Ships or Electronics but here I am still working on ships, still working with electronics and now a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer.

I genuinely believe a forces background is a huge bonus when it comes to Overlanding and my forces experience has certainly helped us out on our longer trips.

Attachments

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Thank you for serving!
I still regret to not have joined the military. We had compulsory military service back then, I was exempt because both of my brothers served regularly and full time and the 3rd of the family must not serve.

Reactions: Polaris Overland

Bad Sport

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

National City, CA, USA
First Name
Lyle
Last Name
Mardis
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
14 years in the Royal Navy as a Weapons Engineer and Ships Diver.
Mix of vessels from Minesweepers to Destroyers and Frigate and various active deployments including Falklands and the Gulf.
Swore when I left I wanted nothing to do with Ships or Electronics but here I am still working on ships, still working with electronics and now a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer.

I genuinely believe a forces background is a huge bonus when it comes to Overlanding and my forces experience has certainly helped us out on our longer trips.
Thanks for your service brother.

Reactions: Polaris Overland

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Thank you for serving!
I still regret to not have joined the military. We had compulsory military service back then, I was exempt because both of my brothers served regularly and full time and the 3rd of the family must not serve.
My elder brother was also in the Royal Navy in fact we served together on HMS Liverpool a Type 42 Destroyer, he was my boss on the ships radar section

Reactions: MazeVX