Route planning questions, planning on google maps may not be working right... What to do?

• HTML tutorial

BillyBeards

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Franklin, TN, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Stanton
Member #

Hello all!

I'm in the process of planning out the summers road trip and mapped out my first days route from PA to VA in Google maps and when I copy the link it just gives me the "standard" highway routes they offer and not the one I've mapped out.
Any thoughts? Am I doing something wrong?
I've been playing with Gaia but I like that Google will tell me my turns through my phone in the car. With the family in the car there are too many distractions at times to constantly have to pay attention to the phones screen on the dash.
The route isn't anything crazy, mostly back roads through farm land and small towns but also some highway to make time.

This is a screen shot of the route and here is the link - 3053 Highley Rd to 12480 Mountain Valley Rd
When I open the link from my phone it doesn't view it correctly.

1592322020143.png

All help is welcome and greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Reactions: Lil Bear

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

Hello all!

I'm in the process of planning out the summers road trip and mapped out my first days route from PA to VA in Google maps and when I copy the link it just gives me the "standard" highway routes they offer and not the one I've mapped out.
Any thoughts? Am I doing something wrong?
I've been playing with Gaia but I like that Google will tell me my turns through my phone in the car. With the family in the car there are too many distractions at times to constantly have to pay attention to the phones screen on the dash.
The route isn't anything crazy, mostly back roads through farm land and small towns but also some highway to make time.

This is a screen shot of the route and here is the link - 3053 Highley Rd to 12480 Mountain Valley Rd
When I open the link from my phone it doesn't view it correctly.

View attachment 158807

All help is welcome and greatly appreciated, Thanks!
Did you try saving your track? I know it will automatically try to use what ever preferred road there is, either by fastest or shortest route on regular highways and interstates. Can be annoying at times as it won't show a road or area that you know for a fact is there. As for GAIA...I'm trying to learn that one myself.

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
When I did mine for Rothrock to Bald Eagle Stste Forest in central PA...i used the drop pin for next location and then when completed saved it to the phone.

Then when I want I click on the link on my phone and it there ready to follow.

Hope that is clear. I can explain more if needed

BillyBeards

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Franklin, TN, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Stanton
Member #

When I did mine for Rothrock to Bald Eagle Stste Forest in central PA...i used the drop pin for next location and then when completed saved it to the phone.

Then when I want I click on the link on my phone and it there ready to follow.

Hope that is clear. I can explain more if needed
Did you build your route on the computer or on the phone? I'm also curious if the issue is because I"m using an iphone instead of an Android phone?
Maybe it's because I modified the given Google route instead of just building point to point.

DevilDodge

Rank IV

Advocate I

Altoona, Pennsylvania, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Spencer
If you do it on google maps and use your gmail login...it should transfer from computer to phone. But, I have never tried.

I love day tripping on Route 6. My favorite stretch of road.

BillyBeards

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Franklin, TN, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Stanton
Member #

If you do it on google maps and use your gmail login...it should transfer from computer to phone. But, I have never tried.

I love day tripping on Route 6. My favorite stretch of road.
I used to ride RT6 and RT202 by motorcycle. I'm lucky enough to have good motorcyle road near to me.

Reactions: DevilDodge