First Name
Scott
Last Name
Alan
2021 Rubicon JLU
Maximus Rack
Pioneer Platform
Falcon XL
any suggestions for quick disconnect mounting? Tracks do not line up with Pioneer Platform long slats. Would require drilling. Want to have quick disconnect for on and off ease of use. Absolutely no room to get wrench or hand in to tighten with Roofnest brackets…any suggestions welcomed…
May be an image of jeep and outdoors

6 Answers

Answer

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
This is what I did when I ran into the same situation with my RTT and Pioneer Rack. I used 2 pairs of Rhino Rack accessory bars and a set of Frontrunner quick disconnect tent mounts. Certainly not the cheapest solution but it worked. I have a different tent now that lines up so I don't use this option anymore.

It does sit up a bit off the rack but it solved the issue. The other option is to just get the Frontrunner non quick release feet and just unbolt the feet from the accessory bars.

I'm going to be selling my quick releases for a much more reasonable price than they cost new, I got a deal on them and I am happy to pass it along.

Superfishal

Rank III

Advocate I

Annapolis, MD, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Alan
This is what I did when I ran into the same situation with my RTT and Pioneer Rack. I used 2 pairs of Rhino Rack accessory bars and a set of Frontrunner quick disconnect tent mounts. Certainly not the cheapest solution but it worked. I have a different tent now that lines up so I don't use this option anymore.

It does sit up a bit off the rack but it solved the issue. The other option is to just get the Frontrunner non quick release feet and just unbolt the feet from the accessory bars.

I'm going to be selling my quick releases for a much more reasonable price than they cost new, I got a deal on them and I am happy to pass it along.
Im interested in the purchase.

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
Im interested in the purchase.
No problem, let me get all the bits together and I will send you a direct message.

Just noticed you are in Annapolis, I spent many weekends there in my youth before I moved to California. A great town.

Superfishal

Rank III

Advocate I

Annapolis, MD, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Alan
No problem, let me get all the bits together and I will send you a direct message.

Just noticed you are in Annapolis, I spent many weekends there in my youth before I moved to California. A great town.
Yep…awesome place to live….no rush on the parts,let me know when you have everything together and we can figure it all out..

Reactions: dstock