Launch Member

Contributor II

Minneapolis, MN, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Williams
Member #

I have been researching because I would love to put a roof rack on my Jeep JKU. However, one of the beauties of a jeep is being able to ride around with the top off. Is there a good roof rack option that still allows for the top to come off? Ideally, without the roof rack still being on there. So I guess this would mean either the roof rack comes off with the top or the roof rack is easily taken off without being attached to the top.

Delux2769

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lakewood, CO, USA
Member #

The RhinoRack BackBone with either Vortex bars or Pioneer platform would be a great choice. The RLT600 towers which connect the bars or platform to the BackBone system are a locking quick-release style that works amazingly... I install quite a few of them at work, and we even have a shop in Minni! I'm running the RhinoRack BackBone and Pioneer platform on our GX, and we love the low-profile and ease of use for it.

If you have any other questions, just hit me up!

Best,
Dustin

Reactions: MWilliams

Jeep15631

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Benton County, Iowa, United States
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Mell
Member #

I have been researching because I would love to put a roof rack on my Jeep JKU. However, one of the beauties of a jeep is being able to ride around with the top off. Is there a good roof rack option that still allows for the top to come off? Ideally, without the roof rack still being on there. So I guess this would mean either the roof rack comes off with the top or the roof rack is easily taken off without being attached to the top.
I have the rhino rack on my 11’ jku for the same reason you mentioned. Not too bad of a install and it holds my rtt.

IMG_1209.JPGIMG_0991.JPG