Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

Looking for suggestions or input on roof racks. I'm looking to put one on my 16 Titan crew cab. I was looking at the go rhino but just wondering if there are any others that have some good reviews or that y'all may have used and think are really good. I don't have bars across so I will mounting it directly to the roof (99% sure). Inexpensive is always better lol!! Now I didn't say cheap before I get pummeled with all the negative responses about not wanting to spend thousands of dollars :smiley:. Thanks

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

UGH!!! WTH! So it looks like they only make racks for my truck that have to mount to the cross bars which I don't have. The cross bars are $500+!!! Then the rack itself...I mean damn!! Over a grand just to put a F@#*ing basket on my roof! There are cheaper baskets from what i've found but dang. Maybe I don't need a roof rack then.

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
I've been using a Rhino Rack Platform for 3 years now, very robust. Rack attaches directly to the towers, no cross bars. Towers have locks and covers when rack is removed. There are lower cost options but not as heavy duty.

Reactions: Lil Bear

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Looking for suggestions or input on roof racks. I'm looking to put one on my 16 Titan crew cab. I was looking at the go rhino but just wondering if there are any others that have some good reviews or that y'all may have used and think are really good. I don't have bars across so I will mounting it directly to the roof (99% sure). Inexpensive is always better lol!! Now I didn't say cheap before I get pummeled with all the negative responses about not wanting to spend thousands of dollars :smiley:. Thanks
I would check around your local wrecking yards first, then check out craigslist or facebook. Just be persistent in your search and you may find a good deal on a used unit (I did). Amazon has reasonably priced racks (and free shipping) but you will need to figure out a way to attach them.

Lil Bear

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia, USA
First Name
Working
Last Name
Toomuch
Member #

I would check around your local wrecking yards first, then check out craigslist or facebook. Just be persistent in your search and you may find a good deal on a used unit (I did). Amazon has reasonably priced racks (and free shipping) but you will need to figure out a way to attach them.
Yeah thats gonna be my route I reckon. I didn't know when I was looking that I needed cross bars to attach the rack to(or thats what the company says). one thing or another always! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Taco303

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Denver
First Name
Colorado
Last Name
Explorer
Yeah thats gonna be my route I reckon. I didn't know when I was looking that I needed cross bars to attach the rack to(or thats what the company says). one thing or another always! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I would take a look at UpTopOverland. I myself, just bought a roof rack and topper rack from them. Their racks are awesome and very nicely priced! I, like you, am faced with drilling my factory roof on my 04 Taco, which I am uneasy about, but I've been to their shop in Castle Rock and talked with Andrew who is one of the owners and walked me through their process. I also have a buddy that got a roof rack from them on his 01 Tacoma and reviewed their work and it's good to go! So, give them a look. I feel like they are on the cusp of becoming super popular but are a pretty new company, but their racks are sick. You see a lot of trucks on IG with their racks. The racks are heavy duty and come with all kinds of cool accessories and built very well. My order is being created as we speak and I can't wait to see my rig with the new racks.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

I would take a look at UpTopOverland. I myself, just bought a roof rack and topper rack from them. Their racks are awesome and very nicely priced! I, like you, am faced with drilling my factory roof on my 04 Taco, which I am uneasy about, but I've been to their shop in Castle Rock and talked with Andrew who is one of the owners and walked me through their process. I also have a buddy that got a roof rack from them on his 01 Tacoma and reviewed their work and it's good to go! So, give them a look. I feel like they are on the cusp of becoming super popular but are a pretty new company, but their racks are sick. You see a lot of trucks on IG with their racks. The racks are heavy duty and come with all kinds of cool accessories and built very well. My order is being created as we speak and I can't wait to see my rig with the new racks.
Never heard of them but I am going to check them out outta curiosity.

@Lil Bear you are talking about on top of the cab itself, correct? Not on top of a camper shell?

Last edited: