Roof rack and lightbar for my 5th gen 4Runner

• HTML tutorial

Gabe Bines

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

I’m trying to find a good roof rack with a lightbar for my 5th gen 4Runner. I’m totally new to modifications and am also confused about the process of getting it and finding someone to do the mods. Any one have any help? I live in Dallas and I have no idea who to go to or anything like that. Thanks!

Kodex39

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

McGill, NV, USA
First Name
Kody
Last Name
Carson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7EQI
I’m trying to find a good roof rack with a lightbar for my 5th gen 4Runner. I’m totally new to modifications and am also confused about the process of getting it and finding someone to do the mods. Any one have any help? I live in Dallas and I have no idea who to go to or anything like that. Thanks!
It's actually not to hard at all to do on your own!! I could probably walk you through it if ya want!! I'm from Nevada but I have family down by conroe!!

Kodex39

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

McGill, NV, USA
First Name
Kody
Last Name
Carson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7EQI
This is the set up that I did on my 2nd gen explorer!!IMG_20190511_103728079_HDR.jpeg

Kodex39

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

McGill, NV, USA
First Name
Kody
Last Name
Carson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7EQI
That looks awesome but I think I want more of a flatter roof rack rather than a basket. What are your thoughts on the two? I’m also more worried about wiring the lightbar correctly. At the moment I have rail slides on either side of my roof and a sun roof. I’m not sure what to do with those.
Do you have a picture of what you currently have?

Kodex39

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

McGill, NV, USA
First Name
Kody
Last Name
Carson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7EQI
Ok so I know c4 fabrication might make a flatter rack like you want that should mount up to your factory rails

p4.adventure

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Tory
Last Name
Payne
Member #

Take a look at lfd offroad they have a few options from cross for the stock rails to full roof racks for less than $1000. Here's my setup, no light bar though. Very simple to install with no drilling.IMG_20190605_125120_638.jpeg

Reactions: Utilityman

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

I just finished my lightbar. Unlike most, I tucked it under my roof rack. First for protection but also to keep the glare off the hood. Driving off road last night thru rain and fog I discovered another advantage. There is no reflection off the fog either once the fog falls into the shadow over the hood.

DSCN1172.jpeg

Last edited:

Utilityman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque NM
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Raether
Member #

Take a look at lfd offroad they have a few options from cross for the stock rails to full roof racks for less than $1000. Here's my setup, no light bar though. Very simple to install with no drilling.View attachment 102210
Very nice setup. I need an option to get a few boxes along with our tent on the roof. We are a family of 5 in the 4Runner and the factory rack barley meets my requirements

How is the fit and finish of the LFD? Are you easily able to mount boxes up there? I need to mount 2 of these bad boys on the roof along with my Gazelle T4.

p4.adventure

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Tory
Last Name
Payne
Member #

Very nice setup. I need an option to get a few boxes along with our tent on the roof. We are a family of 5 in the 4Runner and the factory rack barley meets my requirements

How is the fit and finish of the LFD? Are you easily able to mount boxes up there? I need to mount 2 of these bad boys on the roof along with my Gazelle T4.
2 boys 3 dogs 20190615_080128.jpeg20190615_080046.jpeg