Mid-Michigan
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Fornwall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4WOL
All - I have a 2008 Nissan Xterra, and am working on a strategy for mounting some roof lights. I'd like to add a basket at some point, but its lower on my list. Has anyone on this forum mounted lights on the factory bars that has some ideas or strategy for me? Preferrably with pictures!

Captain Josh

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid-Michigan
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Fornwall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4WOL
Thanks @1derer ! I had run across those as well, but wanted to mount pods as I prefer the old-school look. I ended up removing the air dam, fitting a piece of steel between the upper support tabs, then drilling holes in the dam through which to mount the lights. It's super-clean looking, and turned out really well. I'll get some pics posted up at some point.

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

Thanks @1derer ! I had run across those as well, but wanted to mount pods as I prefer the old-school look. I ended up removing the air dam, fitting a piece of steel between the upper support tabs, then drilling holes in the dam through which to mount the lights. It's super-clean looking, and turned out really well. I'll get some pics posted up at some point.
Please do post some pics. Lighting for my X isn't high on my list at the moment, but I'm always looking for ideas...