Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
We use used Pelicans for the breakable stuff, and these. Great prices for either. I drill holes and bolt everything down to the rack. Been using these ammo boxes for years now, water tight dust tight, and they are just as good now as when they were brand new.
MTM Ammo Crate Polymer Dark Earth 7.25 Deep

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
I bought some of these about a year ago. Like everything else prices have increased for some of it. The mounting plate bolted right to my roof rack. And I can reach out my RTT window to grab a light or a fan out of it. Mostly used for recovery strap, and tools that not using everyday. Easy to get to if you need it but not something you want to be moving out of the way all the time. Convenient but not particularly cheap.

KAIONE

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Kanak
Last Name
Attack
Member #

I like the Pelican Vault cases. They’re lighter than the normal ones and hold a ton. Easy to strap down and configure in different ways. Tops doesn’t stay open and sometimes a pain to close if you let it go or don’t have a cable/thread hold open system.

I bought two ROAMS thinking they’d be great up top and they weren’t. They were a lot deeper and once filled became too heavy for my liking. So now they go in the cab or bed. They do hold a ton.

Safe travels!

rsweet

Rank V

Member III

Huntington Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Sweet
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6IHR
Roof box. Specifically for a Supercab F150. Anyone have any recommendations on a decent one that won’t break the bank..

Just got two Roam boxes for my Sherpa roof rack. Sherpa makes a simple mount Sherpa Roam Case Mounts for the roam boxes. They also have nice gas struts for the lid. I was looking at the Pelican Cargo line, but there mounting hardware is as much as the box. That is why I went with Roam. They also have molle panel or fabric organizers for the lids.
66941844727__2CAC8451-2CB7-4E72-97A2-D1C499A97605.jpeg66941846785__8854835F-3D75-48AA-821E-CC78445D994A.jpeg

Reactions: KILO19 and KAIONE

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Harbor Freight also has the Apache cases that are supposed to compare to Pelican at a fraction of the price, they say they are weather proof. The aren't as deep as the Roam cases, I just have to figure out if my Hi-Lift Jack and traction boards will fit in one.

9800 Weatherproof Protective Rifle Case, Long, Tan

Reactions: WPOtter

WPOtter

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Markham, Virginia, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Porter

nduranpm

Rank III

Traveler III

La Mesa, CA 91941, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Duran
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6MZC
I have had apache box on roof for two years. Also mounted 30W trickle charge to the box lid.

No leaks,breaking or issues. And I can still stand on it. I even leave it up there when washing my car.

Inside, recovery gear and"stuff"

Reactions: Viking1204

GBGCR4x4

Rank III

Advocate I

Florida, USA
First Name
Gianluca
Last Name
Boncompagni
I've been keeping two Front Runner Wolf Packs over my roof all year, I use the cargo chocks and stratchits to keep them in place. They receive, sun, heat, rain, and nOTHING has ever leaked or happened to them. They are great, and incredibly well priced.

I also have an Alu-Box, not on my roof, but it's been very good. Only problem is it can over heat and the aluminum can get so, so hot that grabbing it later can be a bit of a problem, but boy can that box take a beating. It's fallen down many times and just a few dents and keeps going strong. love them!

Reactions: Front Runner - Jolo

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I can’t find any roof boxes that fit my needs or in my price range.

What all do you guys put in your roof box?
I am wanting a water/air tight box to hold my Gazelle T4 Plus, sleeping bag, air mattress,Mr Buddy Heater, fishing gear, and a couple of camp chairs. The T4 Plus packed up is 63” long and 11” square. So I’m wanting a minimum of 70” long to accommodate miscellaneous small items. And a width of 60” would allow me to carry a table as well (but not necessarily).

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
That’s going to be one big box.
I just keep my recovery gear in mine.
I would be happy with a 65”x12”x12” case for under $200… the tent is the priority… I can keep the other stuff inside if need be.

Old Tanker

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

Norfolk, VA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Reimer
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I would be happy with a 65”x12”x12” case for under $200… the tent is the priority… I can keep the other stuff inside if need be.
Good luck at that price. A length of 16" PVC pipe would cost more than that.

WPOtter

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Markham, Virginia, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Porter