Launch Member

Influencer I

Grand Island, Nebraska
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Piercy
Member #

I've recently picked up a Kargo Master roof rack for my TJ. I live in an Nebraska, meaning I'll see snow, and very cold weather. Without the basket I barley fit in the garage. With the basket...not so much. I normally do not park there anyways.
So is it common to remove the baskets in the winter months so you can fit in the garage (for service or repairs). Or do they stay on year round, then remove for service and repairs.

systemdelete

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Rumbaugh
Member #

Up to you really, for my work parking garage EVERYTHING must be no more than 6" above my rhino rack platform. So for me that means, the jerry cans, pelicans, and my future rooftop tent have to come off after every trip and my CB antenna has to get swapped for a shorter "around town" model. Through careful planning I can still keep my awning, maxtrax, and two cases of recovery equipment up there year round so for me it's a little bit of both.

martin_j001

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lawrenceville, GA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Martin
Member #

My lifted outback with Load Warrior on top and full size spare in the basket is right at 6'8". The main parking deck at my workplace has a limit of 6'8", so it's of limited use to me now...luckily there's another with 7' clearance. I fit into my garage at home with a couple inches to spare, so that's good.

BlackSheepExpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Maiden North Carolina
First Name
John
Last Name
Bellesfield
Member #

You can run it all year without a problem.. Interesting sorry about my roof basket. The prior owner of my Tahoe let his brother in law use the Tahoe and was living in SoCal. Forgot the basket height and drove into a parking garage. Ripping off the rack lucky it only tore out the bolts. They had to repair the entire roof..