Walkers

Rank III

Advocate I

Cave Creek, AZ, USA
First Name
Benn
Last Name
Quadineros
Any comments on Rockpals power stations? The price per watt seems far cheaper than the bigger name brands. Was curious if anyone has any experience with them.

Thanks,

SimplyLesa

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Witch Well, Arizona
First Name
Lesa
Last Name
NeSmith
Member #

I prefer other brands.
I was given one by another YouTuber to review. The one I have all the USB ports and 12v outlet are loose. The display is fine. You can only use USB and 12v at same time, the 110 outlet can only be used alone. I have had trouble with it not through charging as well.
The solar panels are nice. I have not had problems with those.
It's possible I got a bad unit - I'm not impressed and will upgrade as soon as possible

Reactions: Walkers

A.K. Forister

Rank IV
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Amy
Last Name
Forister
Member #

I returned a Rockpals 500 after finding that the 12 volt car charger port was not regulated despite what was advertised at the time. Maybe I had a defective unit, but I can't have a power station that randomly shuts off while I'm relying on it to power my fridge. Spoiled food in the backcountry is a no-go. I bought a Jackery and haven't had any problems since.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I have two of them. An older 540Wh battery, and a slightly newer one. Both work well. I've had the 540Wh battery for two years, and the 500wh for a year. The non-regulated 12v port isn't a big deal, as you can add a regulator for about 20 bucks. Both are still going strong.