Rockfall closes White Rim Road near MOAB.

• HTML tutorial

oneleglance

Rank V

Contributor II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
LANCE
Last Name
BLAIR
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7NKP
Well that looks like more than a couple of winch lines can handle.
With our underfunded agencies I hope this gets fixed before too long, but I figure about a year would be lucky.

Reactions: Michael Golden

genocache

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

A lot depends on where they put them. They don't look too big a good sized front end loader should be able to move them. If it is just a matter of throwing them over the side even easier, push em over with a D9. Couple of hours then dump in some fill and compact and grade.

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
A lot depends on where they put them. They don't look too big a good sized front end loader should be able to move them. If it is just a matter of throwing them over the side even easier, push em over with a D9. Couple of hours then dump in some fill and compact and grade.
So, you know that’s how they did it? That would be my assumption as well, but everyone knows where assumptions lead us.

genocache

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

So, you know that’s how they did it? That would be my assumption as well, but everyone knows where assumptions lead us.

No I don't know, Even if they picked them up and put them in trucks and hauled them away it's not a big job. Like I said it depends on what they do with them and the size of their equipment. They probably have at least a 20T truck and a medium front end loader available, if not they can contract it out. My point being that it can be done rather quickly with the right stuff.