kwill

Rank II

Enthusiast III

TX
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Williams
I wanted something other than the standard bent tubes that most makers use so I went with Victory 4X4. They have "rock lights" built in, which is a little gimmicky, but they make nice courtesy lights if you wire them into the dome light circuit. The big expense to most sliders is shipping. Try to find a local maker and you can save $$$ by picking them up.

Reactions: agoodson

agoodson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bellevue, TN 37221, USA
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Goodson
Member #

I wanted something other than the standard bent tubes that most makers use so I went with Victory 4X4. They have "rock lights" built in, which is a little gimmicky, but they make nice courtesy lights if you wire them into the dome light circuit. The big expense to most sliders is shipping. Try to find a local maker and you can save $$$ by picking them up.
I'm in Middle Tennessee. I haven't found any makers that are, somewhat, local. Got relatives in Michigan, near Victory 4x4, so that might be an option.

LostWoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
lastname
Member #

SOS Off Road Concepts could be done in a long day drive. Mobtown is outstanding but it would be a weekend trip for you to get them in DE. Southern Style Off Road isn't much closer. All three make quality sliders.

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

I have mobtown, I like them. But yeah, the shipping is the major wasted expense part of it. Realistically, any of the reputable brands will be fine. Also, check lead times. They can be hefty.

Reactions: agoodson

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

I have mobtown, I like them. But yeah, the shipping is the major wasted expense part of it. Realistically, any of the reputable brands will be fine. Also, check lead times. They can be hefty.
Actually I lied. I have SOS sliders. I have mobtown skids.

RickR

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler II

San Antonio, Texas
First Name
Rick
Last Name
R
Member #

For my Jeep Wrangler I actually weld it up my own and bolted them to the frame I'm sure you can find someone local who can weld you up some and use brackets to hold them to the frame.

UploadAdventure

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dixon, MO, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Monsalvo
Member #

SOS sliders
they really did a good job engineering them.
1) the gussets are longer than most anyone.
2) they sit a bit lower off the bottom of the cab so that they can flex up with the weight of the truck and not go into the cab (ask me how I know)
3) Also you can request the slider % angle.
4) save 10% off with code adventure

Last edited:

TacoD

Rank V

Advocate III

Delaware
First Name
Don
Last Name
Siegrist
Member #

Any suggestions on rock slider brands for a 2020 Tacoma? Looking for the best quality for the best price (like everyone else. :) ).

TIA

ADG
What did you end up getting? I just picked up a Tacoma as well and looking at sliders & skids.

Reactions: UploadAdventure

TacoD

Rank V

Advocate III

Delaware
First Name
Don
Last Name
Siegrist
Member #

CBI, RCI, Rocky Road Outfitters and # of others that I have found on-line. Would like to do something more local but not a lot of rock slider and skid plate fabrication being done around Columbus, OH. I cam across Mobtown and seems like there are a lot of great reviews out on their product and service.

UploadAdventure

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dixon, MO, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Monsalvo
Member #

CBI, RCI, Rocky Road Outfitters and # of others that I have found on-line. Would like to do something more local but not a lot of rock slider and skid plate fabrication being done around Columbus, OH. I cam across Mobtown and seems like there are a lot of great reviews out on their product and service.
Mobtown makes some A+ stuff. Their lead times have been... longer. Joe is a busy guy. But his stuff is really solid.

RCI makes good sliders. I had them. Decided to change to SOS Concepts sliders. I really like them, they had a lot of subtitle changes RCI sliders didn’t have. It’s a weird time because there aren’t many deals going on. I know SOS is doing a deal if you buy sliders you get a high lift base for free, and 10% off with promo code adventure

Reactions: TacoD

10ECTaco

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Friendsville, TN, USA
First Name
R
Last Name
Stone
I’m going to relook into this. I was told this from a guy who did the research on a bunch of brands. Let me follow up with him and see where he got his info.
I'll b curious as to how
I’m going to relook into this. I was told this from a guy who did the research on a bunch of brands. Let me follow up with him and see where he got his info.
I'm pretty sure they are made for Caliraised by Rago mfg.

Reactions: UploadAdventure

TacoD

Rank V

Advocate III

Delaware
First Name
Don
Last Name
Siegrist
Member #

Mobtown makes some A+ stuff. Their lead times have been... longer. Joe is a busy guy. But his stuff is really solid.

RCI makes good sliders. I had them. Decided to change to SOS Concepts sliders. I really like them, they had a lot of subtitle changes RCI sliders didn’t have. It’s a weird time because there aren’t many deals going on. I know SOS is doing a deal if you buy sliders you get a high lift base for free, and 10% off with promo code adventure
Thanks! SOS looks pretty interesting. Pricing on skids looks really good as well! If I’m not misreading pricing it looks to be the best I’ve seen. Bout 8.5 hr drive there for me but could take long weekend and hit some SC trails while down there.

UploadAdventure

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dixon, MO, USA
First Name
Rich
Last Name
Monsalvo
Member #

Thanks! SOS looks pretty interesting. Pricing on skids looks really good as well! If I’m not misreading pricing it looks to be the best I’ve seen. Bout 8.5 hr drive there for me but could take long weekend and hit some SC trails while down there.
Lots of good stuff down there. Uwharrie national forest is down there and is beautiful and full of trails. Lots of good wheeling there.

I’m running SOS stuff and swear by it. I’ve smashed em. Hit em. Bumped em. Mudded em. All are holding up great. Front and rear bumpers. Sliders. Bed racks.