RoamingTimber's Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ

• HTML tutorial

Chewbacca

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Logan, UT
Member #

Great write up on that tire carrier. I'm torn between the swing-out style and the HK Offroad Kratos. I guess since I have no money I have plenty of time to think about it, eh?

Reactions: maxfederle89

Grant Miller

Rank 0

Traveler I

Nice Jeep! I have a 2002 Overland that is the same color. I just installed the Fat Bob's lift that is supposed to be 2.5" front and 2" rear. The rear of my Jeep sits about 2" higher than the front, which is exactly what I didn't want. I notice that yours sits very level. Did you do anything to your Jeep to get it level like that?

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

Very cool. I especially like how easy you suggest welding is as it's a skill I don't currently have but one I'm hoping to learn. It's seeming to become harder and harder for us WJ owners to find more than 2 or 3 options for bumpers these days :smirk:

KerrClan74

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Portage, MI
Member #

Nice setup. Thanks for sharing. Food for thought. How have the welds of your spindle hinge support held up over the last couple of years?

AndyDDuncan

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Logan, UT
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Those are couple nice looking mods! I’ll have to give it a shot on my own rig.

TJDon

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Galt CA
First Name
Don
Last Name
A
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI6TUI
Bringing an old thread up to hopefully get pictures of your swing out tire carrier. The pics in this thread unfortunately have the photo bucket signature going across all of them and difficult to get a idea of how you built it. From the write up and how you kept the stock bumper cover on I’m excited to hopefully duplicate your creation

MidwestVoyager

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pratt County, KS, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Westerhaus
Member #

Service Branch
Fire/NREMT-BLS
How did everything work out with your suspension? Any death wobble issues to sort out after the lift? I just installed 3.5" lift with OME HD springs and 2" coil spacers. I took it in to get aligned and had a dw occur at 63mph. Also a lot of noise from my front driveshaft, after looking it over the reppza ball joint boot at the t case end is shot...the axle end CV joint looked good. I believe I'm going to need to order the double cardon kit from tom woods driveshafts and convert the front shaft to correct the angle issues.