Roaming around the desert

• HTML tutorial

pyrotyro

Rank III

Advocate II

coloRADo
This is awesome! Now I want an inflatable SUP board! Any other gear essentials? Snorkeling much?
The sup was awesome, we got a lot of use out of it. Sadly we really only snorkeled at Agua verde. If we were down in the fall or had gone south of la Paz, I bet we could have snorkeled much more.

Day 46 the pacific side

After departing our wild camp, we headed into new territory, the west side of the peninsula on mex1. We cruised on north with the goal of camping south of Ensenada. We ended up at “the pirate cove” about 2.5 hrs south of Ensenada.

It was a hotel/ restaurant/ a few camp spots. Cool spot to get away from the busy towns along the coast. And they had WiFi! Lauren’s online school started back up, so gotta take that into account.

Day 47 Ensenada

Aired up and put the sway bars on. And headed into the busy city of Ensenada. Kinda touristy with the cruise ship parked downtown and drunk Americans wandering around haha. But we grabbed some tacos and T-shirts before heading into wine country.

About 30 minutes up mex3, the most amazing valley is full of vineyards. We found one on iOverlander that has camping for about 6$ a person. Perfect spot to stay overnight to hit the border early the following day.

Day 48 Tecate

Sadly our Baja trip was coming to an end. We had a scenic drive from Guadalupe to Tecate and then some confusion to find the border crossing. Thanks for nothing google maps lol. Of course in the midst of navigating, we get our last Mexico test as we are pulled over about two turns from the border. After our last experience, I had been following every traffic rule and stood my ground as he accused me of running a stop sign. He even offered to show me on the security camera and I would be in big trouble if it showed me not stopping all the way... but he left in a huff when I agreed to go to the police station with him. Then we crossed the border without even being inspected and cruised on our merry way. Seems like a fitting end [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Jroettele and Road