Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Leaving the in-laws cabin in Tennessee and going to our friend's barn-house in Virginia!

I'll post an update picture when we get there!

Last edited:
Reactions: BrunySpec

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Took me forever to post this but here it is!

The wife and I drove from TN to VA in one day.

We drove to our friends land just outside of Galax, VA. Little did I know I was in for a hell of a work week installing ceiling in the barn-converted-to-home (which is awesome btw).

It's extremely beautiful out there with water running from the mountains on darn near every piece of property I saw. I got a couple of pictures for you guys but not many, didn't even have time unfortunately. So this post didn't quite go as I had planned, but it was still a nice trip.

On our way home we decided to wallow in luxury and decided to rent a little cabin at a KOA in SC (last picture). I wanted to tent camp, but there was a huge rainstorm on the way and we were starving and didn't want to get soaked making dinner.

As time goes on I want to upgrade to a RTT (roof top tent) with some awnings. Just picked up a Coleman stove, so I'm excited about that. I've been using a backpacking stove to make our food and the Coleman stove will be so much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I grew up in that area, over in Elk Creek. I've run those roads my entire life. Where were the pictures of the stone wall lined stream taken?

AdventureWithDanan

Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
@TerryD that was at a barn outside of Galax. Not exactly sure where. My friend's parents converted the barn to their home.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Oh ok. The little stream and red roofed out buildings reminded me of a little place close to Independence, Va, but I don't remember a large barn on that property is why I asked. Did you happen to go eat at Creek Bottom Brewing down in Galax?

AdventureWithDanan

Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Oh ok. The little stream and red roofed out buildings reminded me of a little place close to Independence, Va, but I don't remember a large barn on that property is why I asked. Did you happen to go eat at Creek Bottom Brewing down in Galax?
No... didn't know about it!